Mail App keeps asking for password.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but here goes.

I have an iPhone 5S and my Mail App seems a bit temperamental.

More often than not, I'll open the App, and this will pop up:

BaonSlGIIAAe5Rd.jpg:small

I then type in the password, only for it to pop up with the exact same thing again, straight away. This usually happens for about 3-4 password entries, and then finally, it eventually logs me in and my inbox is refreshed/updated.

When it's actually logged in, I do get email notifications, but I am not getting emails, due to it "logging out" by itself all the time. To check my mail, I actually have to open the App up and go through the password hassle nearly every time. Very rarely does it stay logged in.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this and keep my Mail App logged in all the time?

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, what kind of email account is this? Is this an exchange account or outlook.com, pop or imap? Lets start there and we should be able to give you some advice.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Let me guess. Are you using gmail with exchange on your iPhone, which you have only just upgraded from an older iPhone purchased prior to 2013? If so, that's probably the issue.

Google disabled imap-push for gmail since the start of this year, making it incompatible with exchange. That's why you keep getting prompted on your iPhone.

There are a few solutions, but none of them are pretty.

You can either
1) create a new gmail account using the "google option" and enable fetch (which is slower and presumably drains battery faster)
2) Use a mail app which does support push (gmail or mailbox come to mind, but they don't support non-gmail accounts
3) Switch all your gmail accounts to iCloud mail
4) Pay for a google account (which I think restores push). My workplace uses gmail, and interesting enough, it still allows for push email but not for my own personal gmail account.

Hope this helps.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me guess. Are you using gmail with exchange on your iPhone, which you have only just upgraded from an older iPhone purchased prior to 2013? If so, that's probably the issue.

Google disabled imap-push for gmail since the start of this year, making it incompatible with exchange. That's why you keep getting prompted on your iPhone.

There are a few solutions, but none of them are pretty.

You can either
1) create a new gmail account using the "google option" and enable fetch (which is slower and presumably drains battery faster)
2) Use a mail app which does support push (gmail or mailbox come to mind, but they don't support non-gmail accounts
3) Switch all your gmail accounts to iCloud mail
4) Pay for a google account (which I think restores push). My workplace uses gmail, and interesting enough, it still allows for push email but not for my own personal gmail account.

Hope this helps.

If it were gmail and exchange, it would never log him in and refresh his email. It would continously prompt for his password. Paying for a google account would mean also buying a domain and using it on google apps. Again, we would need the specific email service to begin troubleshooting.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW