iOS 7 names - Option for short names to be turned off
With the new iOS 7 feature. One thing implemented was short names on email and mesages.
Some may have a increasing love for this new option/setup... But some may want it the way it was before... Full name, etc..
Example having two Dave's in messages can be confusing...
Luckily you have a few options to change the display of the name.
Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts, and Calendar>Under contact choose Short Name
Option to turn off or on.
Under there it will display the following -
First Name & Last Initial
First Initial & Last Name
First Name Only
Last Name Only
To bring back the Full name - Turn off Short Name at the top and the Full Contact Name will always display.
* You also have the option to Prefer Nicknames
Hope this helps
- 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM #2
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2013, 09:33 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2013, 09:28 AM