Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I set the maximum volume for music on my iPhone?

A majority of us listen to music on our iPhones, whether downloaded or streamed, yet many of us do not know that we can set a "maximum" volume limit on our devices. Are you one of them? If so, don't fret. The steps to set the maximum volume limit are few. Check them out below.

1. Go to Settings->Music
    2. Scroll down to "Volume Limit". If you haven't messed with it before, it will say OFF.
    3. Tap on "Volume Limit"
    4. Move the slider to your desired volume level.
    5. Tap on "Music"in the upper left corner to go back to the previous screen.

"On" should be displayed next to "Volume Limit". You have now successfully set a maximum volume limit on your iPhone. Take care.

As always, if you know of any other method, feel free to share it with us...
    iMore Expert

931 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,234 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I set the maximum volume for music on my iPhone?

I called into a conference call today and noticed the volume was super loud. Upon further inspection I saw that the volume was maxed. I didn't adjust the volume level before the call.

I always have my ringer and notification volume levels set to around half. I have Music Volume Limit set, with the setting at less than max volume.

Is there a way I can set volume level for calls separately from the Music Volume Limit? Or is there a bug with call volume levels in iOS 7.0.4?