Image rotation after picture has been taken

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Every so often. When I take a picture from my iPhone 5s with landscape. The picture that is viewed from camera roll or sent through iMessage it will not display correctly. If I rotate the phone it will rotate the photo making it sideways again.

Anyone ever see this happen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Image rotation

Yes, but not often. I took a photo of my youngest son in portrait mode and the image came out in landscape.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

This happens to me is the phone's face is either down towards the ground or up to the sky in orientation. In these cases the iPhone's gyroscope cannot tell whether you intended to take a landscape or portrait photo.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Good point.. So it even being pointed at a slight angle it does cause the issue... Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This happens to me is the phone's face is either down towards the ground or up to the sky in orientation. In these cases the iPhone's gyroscope cannot tell whether you intended to take a landscape or portrait photo.

You're right. My son was playing around on the ground when I took the photo. Good observation, my friend...;)

Richm246

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

You can "fix" this by rotating the pic one way and then saving the pic, after that rotate back to the original way before you touched it, and safe it again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2