How?s your iOS 7 battery life these days?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know when I pulled my old iPhone 4 out of the drawer to install iOS 7, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the OS performed. No lags, everything seemed (and still does) to work quite well.

That said, battery life DID take a hit. I am disappointed with battery life on the device, but I’m curious how everyone else out there is doing on your device, whichever one it may be.

So how is YOUR battery life with iOS 7?

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I know when I pulled my old iPhone 4 out of the drawer to install iOS 7, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the OS performed. No lags, everything seemed (and still does) to work quite well.

That said, battery life DID take a hit. I am disappointed with battery life on the device, but I’m curious how everyone else out there is doing on your device, whichever one it may be.

So how is YOUR battery life with iOS 7?
I can't seem to pull over 5.5 hours max on my 4s
IMG_2218.PNG

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
On my 4S battery life took a significant hit, I've now upgraded to a 5C and battery life is the best I've ever had on an iPhone. Even with heavy usage I can make it a full day. Light usage and I can make it almost 2 full days with no charge. I've read 5S is even better than the C.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My 4s was really hit hard with battery life after the update. Was one of the worst battery performing operating system I've used.

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is pretty bad. I went to have the phone tested and was told there isn't a problem. Still, it's much worse than I remember it being. Gets extremely hot while on network too.

Bobua

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad Air and usually get between 14-16 hours of usage out of it
image.jpg
My battery was still at 100% after 1 hour and 5 minutes

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For anyone having problems, try turning off iCloud bookmarks. Got a new iPod Touch a few days ago and battery life has doubled since I turned off sync between Chrome and iCloud bookmarks.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has been surprisingly excellent lately. I don't know if it is an app that I deleted or what. But my battery life has been really good lately. After a full day of work, I had about 80 percent left. I usually have around 40-50 percent after a full day. With my Nexus 5 I couldn't make it a day at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is pretty bad. I went to have the phone tested and was told there isn't a problem. Still, it's much worse than I remember it being. Gets extremely hot while on network too.

Just an update on this incase anyone might have the same problem. After dealing with this phone since I tested it, I decided to have it tested again after I saw battery percentages taking massive plunges in split seconds. I also had it switch off on me at 20% the other day.

This time the test failed. I was told I had to pay about $100 to have it fixed, because I am two weeks past my warranty period. I called customer service to complain and was told that it would be waived, with very little hassle. I am now waiting for the call to come in once they get a replacement battery in stock.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery is great BUT not as great as before I updated to iOS 7.0.4. With that being said, I hope that the next update brings much more juice when it comes to the battery life in addition to other great things.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
5e7ygyqe.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unplugged my phone this morning at about 6:50 am and it's lasted this long so I can't complain. Medium usage (wifi & 3G mix)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390016320.430142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2