I need your help. Group Messaging Problem!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks, I am having a problem with group messaging and it seems to be affecting all 4 of us in the group. I cannot say this is directly related to IOS 7, imessage, etc. 3 of us have imessage enabled. One does not. All of us are using iphones.

I am attaching an image to give a side-by-side comparison of what we were seeing last evening. I numbered the texts that are related, and highlighted in orange the text that was the original sent. Randomly, relatively across the board, some received the texts in real time whereas others received them much later. I was going to spell it all out, but honestly, it is all over the place.

Is anyone else experiencing this? We have all tried reinstalling ios 7, hard resetting devices, resetting network settings, etc. I do not have any other groups going to compare this to. Nor do they. I am not sure what to do since this seems to affecting all four of us. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

Group Text Problem.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely send group text messages, but the few times I have, they've been in order and timely as far as I can recall.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks, I am having a problem with group messaging and it seems to be affecting all 4 of us in the group. I cannot say this is directly related to IOS 7, imessage, etc. 3 of us have imessage enabled. One does not. All of us are using iphones.

I am attaching an image to give a side-by-side comparison of what we were seeing last evening. I numbered the texts that are related, and highlighted in orange the text that was the original sent. Randomly, relatively across the board, some received the texts in real time whereas others received them much later. I was going to spell it all out, but honestly, it is all over the place.

Is anyone else experiencing this? We have all tried reinstalling ios 7, hard resetting devices, resetting network settings, etc. I do not have any other groups going to compare this to. Nor do they. I am not sure what to do since this seems to affecting all four of us. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

View attachment 41470

Maybe have the last one turn on iMessage ?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe have the last one turn on iMessage ?

That is what I just requested. Will have to see from there. It's tough to catch because you assume you are getting things as you should and that others are getting what you send. I finally started asking them to send screen shots of what they were seeing because stuff was starting to look out of order. Sure enough.

I have also had a few instances where people were not receiving messages I sent, and vice versa. I never had this problem (to my knowledge) prior to ios 7. I am stumped. I have taken all of the logical steps. I was going to make a genius bar appointment to see if my phone had a legit issue....but to see that it is not just affecting me (others in this text group as well) makes me think otherwise.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Group messaging on iOS really sucks when not everyone is on iMessage. People not on iMessage will get a message from you as an individual text
when you sent it in the entire group thread. Stuff coming out of order and things of that nature. It's a real PITA.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That is what I just requested. Will have to see from there. It's tough to catch because you assume you are getting things as you should and that others are getting what you send. I finally started asking them to send screen shots of what they were seeing because stuff was starting to look out of order. Sure enough.

I have also had a few instances where people were not receiving messages I sent, and vice versa. I never had this problem (to my knowledge) prior to ios 7. I am stumped. I have taken all of the logical steps. I was going to make a genius bar appointment to see if my phone had a legit issue....but to see that it is not just affecting me (others in this text group as well) makes me think otherwise.

Ya it is strange maybe it won't happen on iMessage ..
I have seen texts being delayed before but normally it's a specific carrier

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2