Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By pr1nce
  • 4 Post By Irish Rose
  • 1 Post By JaenelleMasen
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By taz323
  • 1 Post By Jerry_
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    15,589 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Who's excited about multi-tasking?

My favorite features in iOS 7 so far have been notification center and control center. But a feature that I find myself using more everyday is multi-tasking. Of course, it's easier now to close apps, even more than one at a time. IMO it's a more useful feature when it comes to actual multi-tasking, as well. Just a simple couple clicks and a swipe. What do you think??
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Default Re: Who's excited about multi-tasking?

While I do like this feature and use it a lot, I do hope they will add the option to remove all the Apps at once in a future iOS update.
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    While I do like this feature and use it a lot, I do hope they will add the option to remove all the Apps at once in a future iOS update.
    I second this notion....

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    pr1nce likes this.

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    My favorite features in iOS 7 so far have been notification center and control center. But a feature that I find myself using more everyday is multi-tasking. Of course, it's easier now to close apps, even more than one at a time. IMO it's a more useful feature when it comes to actual multi-tasking, as well. Just a simple couple clicks and a swipe. What do you think??
    I agree. The feature is indeed useful, and I, too, use it often.

AMEN to that, my friend.
    pr1nce likes this.

I am, use it a lot. And totally agree with Irish Rose, being able to remove all at once would be great.
    pr1nce likes this.
    iMore Beginner

+1
    For having that option
    pr1nce likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I don't see that happening. They've been pretty clear that they don't see closing apps as an issue, due to the fact that they aren't really running in the background.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the old way of multitasking, simply because you can see 4 recent apps at a time, which seemed to make it easier to flip from app to app. That being said, it certainly is pretty.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I don't find the multitasking to be any different than in iOS 6 personally. I don't think any apps are using background updating. Every app I open always starts pulling down information the same as they always have. Pretty much every app appears to behave exactly the same to me.

I'm wondering where this iOS 7 multitasking is even being used. I also do not like the new app switcher. Unless you flick up at a complete 90 degree angle you end up just flipping through the apps instead flicking them away and closed. I like the old app switcher better. The card style is in the way and takes me out of what ever it is I was doing just to show a fancy preview of the app as it was the last time I opened it; as I said I do not see full background multitasking happening on my iPhone.
    -Randy