Who uses Find My iPhone around the house?

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Now there is Find My iPhone that is enabled in the Settings app, so then what does the app from the App Store do? Does it just enable you to find your Mac or iPad?

What about that GPS technology regardless if its on or off, or connected to Wi-Fi or not?

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The find my iPhone app does just that. Its good if you have other apple devices. At work the other day one of the guys I work with lost his phone so he login to find my iPhone on my phone and located his phone unharmed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Auturi, instead of totally revamping your thread, including the title, it would have been better to simply create a new thread. To answer the question you are now posing, yes, I do use the "Find My iPhone" feature around the house on occasions, and yes, I leave location services turned on.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've used it around the house a few times because sometimes I'll go a few days without using my iPad and not be able to find it

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
ive had to use it a few times... forgot my phone in my car and thought i had lost it

its a life saver, for sure

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've used it several times to find my wife's or daughter's phones in the house or car. I'm sure I'll use it for mine eventually.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I use it occasionally to find my wife's phone. She loses it around the house all the time. I like that it still plays the sound even if the phone is on silent.

Enzetsu

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've use it all the time, most the time for someone else but it has come in handy. My iPhone use to show up in the weird places

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To answer the title, yes! We use it around the house, it's 7 iDevices in my home. I keep my phone on me at all times but my kid brother and grandmother, that's another story.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Not just at home (I loose keys, glasses, wallet all the time), but I use it at customers homes too. I'm a contractor and use my phone to collect data, measurements, and show people if something isn't level, so it's a pick-up & put-down when I make estimates or work in their home. Yeh, it gets misplaced all the time. Just log into iCloud on their PC - and voila. I might have converted a few customers with Android just with that trick in early days...

Yptcn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I never used it around the house because I never thought of it ! If I can't find my phone at home , I just call myself from the land line .
Even if I'm on DND the home phone will ring , it's in a group called I.C.E with a few people who can call me day or night .

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've used it a couple times. One for a coworker that lost their phone (it ended up being under the seat in his truck). The ringer didn't turn out to be loud enough to find it though (not sure why). We drove away from the office, the Find My Iphone said it was in our location, so we knew it was somewhere in the truck.

The second time, my phone had fallen off my belt getting into a taxi at a hotel. Used a friend's phone to locate it, wasn't in the taxi. It didn't give an exact location (so the GPS was blocked), but the circle it was in was at the hotel. Called the hotel, it was at the desk, had to go back and get it.

So definitely useful to have. I had downloaded in iOS6 and it's on my phone. I suspect you still need to download the app if you actually want find an iPhone. It's 2 stage. You have the integration at the iOS7 level to say "Here I am" and you need the app to say "Where are you".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2