What is the blue "i" button displayed next to my current WiFi connection?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I was really hesitant on upgrading this time round and it took me literally 5 days until I finally did. I really haven't noticed anything at first until I looked at my WiFi. I just noticed that I have blue ! after the signal strength bars. It wasn't there before. Does anyone else have blue ! by there WiFi? I just want to know what it means.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
re: What is the blue "i" button displayed next to my current WiFi connection?

Let us see a screen shot please and we'll try to help you out. :)

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I never thought about that. And now I really hope I did that right because I couldn't see that little screen to upload the pix if my life depended on it. Ugh

image.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

You mean the letter "i" in a circle? It stands for Info. Tap it to see details about your wifi connection.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. It doesn't look like a "I" and I have pressed it before didn't get anything out of it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to IOS 7.0.3 UGH

Sorry I never thought about that. And now I really hope I did that right because I couldn't see that little screen to upload the pix if my life depended on it. Ugh

View attachment 41005

The i gives you more info about your wifi connection. In iOS 6 it was a solid blue circle with a white arrow in it, Apple changed it in iOS 7.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

The i gives you more info about your wifi connection. In iOS 6 it was a solid blue circle with a white arrow in it, Apple changed it in iOS 7.
Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

See now I don't recall seeing it at all in IOS6. Honestly. And if it wasn't til just recently when all this started happening to me I probably wouldn't have noticed it either. But again with all this worry about hacking etc. and then me noticing this blue marking you have to understand my concerns. Thanks so very much for your explanations.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

See now I don't recall seeing it at all in IOS6. Honestly. And if it wasn't til just recently when all this started happening to me I probably wouldn't have noticed it either. But again with all this worry about hacking etc. and then me noticing this blue marking you have to understand my concerns. Thanks so very much for your explanations.

Well actually it's been there since iOS 3 at least but I can understand your concern. I usually use it for the "forget this network" button so I don't end up with a lot of network info on my iPhone or iPod touch

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Well actually it's been there since iOS 3 at least but I can understand your concern. I usually use it for the "forget this network" button so I don't end up with a lot of network info on my iPhone or iPod touch
Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

How do you use it for the "forget this network" because doesn't that delete the entire wifi itself then?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

How do you use it for the "forget this network" because doesn't that delete the entire wifi itself then?

"Forget this network" removes the password and network info from the iOS device. It's almost like "reset network settings" but you can forget the wifi network your currently connected to instead of all. For me it's useful.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Changed the thread title to avoid confusion about the actual subject the OP started the thread for. And also for better search results.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

"Forget this network" removes the password and network info from the iOS device. It's almost like "reset network settings" but you can forget the wifi network your currently connected to instead of all. For me it's useful.

But it doesn't disconnect you from your WiFi at all? Just all your info?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

But it doesn't disconnect you from your WiFi at all? Just all your info?

Yes, it disconnects you from that WiFi connection because it wipes out the logged password for that specific WiFi router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2