How do you rate iOS 7's iTunes Radio among its competitors?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many of us have tried and like the iTunes Radio feature. Having said that, how do you rate it among its competitors like:

1. Slacker
2. Pandora
3. Rdio
4. 8Track
5. iHeart Radio
6. TuneIn Radio
7. Spotify
8. Songza
9. Jango Radio
10. Others

Personally, I like iTunes Radio, but the best mix of music (that I like) are found via Slacker and Pandora. What about you?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iTunes Radio has replaced Pandora as my favorite. I really like the music selection. I still listen to Pandora, Spotify and Tunein Radio.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I like iTunes Radio for at home or the office but I use slacker in the car and at the gym. I like being able to download stations. The selection is good on both. I would not say that one is better than the other in that area at this time. If I had to pick only one to keep it would be Slacker though.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
No downloading of playlists for offline use is keeping me from using it. Until then I will continue using Spotify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No downloading of playlists for offline use is keeping me from using it. Until then I will continue using Spotify.

pretty much this. Spotify has a radio feature as well that works great. for me iTunes Radio has replaced Pandora - not used very much.

here's my list from most used apps to least:

Spotify
TuneIn Radio
Radio.com (KROQ2)
iTunes Radio

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I created a US iTunes account with my Florida address in order to try iTunes Radio. I have to say that I really like it. That being said, I've never tried other streaming music options, but why bother when iTunes Radio is free.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been really impressed by iRadio. I liked the setup for it to pick the kind of music I wanted. I've ended up using my iPod for music a lot more than I thought I would because of the radio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying iTunes Radio, I love the selection of radio stations better. I was a faithful user of TuneIn radio, but after using iTunes radio for maybe a day, I deleted TuneIn radio and have not looked back...so to speak :) I can also add, that since having iTunes radio available, I use it on my phone to stream music soooo much more than previous. Prior to it I'd listen to an hour....maybe 2 hrs a day of music, now I find myself turning on iTunes radio every chance I get, so my listening has gone up to 3+hours a day now !!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice