Yahoo Mail no longer pushing with iOS 7.0.3

matthewkreth

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This problem is very strange and I can't fix it for the life of me. I just updated my iPhone and iPad to 7.0.3 and am now having push email issues with yahoo email only and only on my iPhone. My ipad gets every push notification for yahoo fine but my iPhone is only getting every 3rd or 4th email as a push notification. Basically on my iPhone you have to manually check for yahoo emails. I've read around and tried everything from logging into the mobile site on a desktop and adjusting settings (suggested as a fix elsewhere), changed to fetch for a while then changing back, changing passwords, reinstalling yahoo in the email settings etc. Note this is with yahoo on the native email client for iOS.

First is anyone else having issues and second any fixes? It worked fine until iOS 7.0.3 update yesterday! And only on iPhone!

matthewkreth

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course I didn't mention it earlier but I have already tried powering off, soft reset, changing passwords, logging in to mobile site from desktop PC and changing settings, turning yahoo to fetch then back, turning off push then back on, etc etc.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Scottyboy9999

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
yep me too, exact same symptoms. push works intermittently on iphone. I updated to ios 7.0.3 a couple days ago. It seemed fine but then this morning I get the same issues.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's irritating.

I have two accounts, one each on two separate email providers (Yahoo and Google) and I've given up on iOS Mail in favour of their individual apps. Not as convenient as a consolidated app, but as that Mail has it's issues, I'm fine to toss it into a 'Junk Drawer' folder. And, as the two accounts are for two different things - Personal/Business and Misc/Online Junk, the badges on the individual icons are an easy guide as to priority.

Who to blame for this current situation? Tough call, but as the app used to work with Yahoo and now doesn't (consistently), does it matter? As a sidebar, I'm also reading reports that the Mavericks Mail app is having issues with Gmail. Hopefully, they'll figure it out for you - but there is a perfectly valid work-around.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I sent a test message to my yahoo account moments ago and it took maybe 10 seconds to receive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit