So both my iPad4 and iPhone5 are having issues (i.e. severe lag, crashing apps, stuck apps, etc.) after doing the OTA update to 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 and I want to restore both. Both say they are at 7.0.3 and iTunes says both are updated. The problem is when I try and restore either iTunes says both need the entire iOS7 update(1gig+ download). Furthermore when I try and re-download the update, that is already on both, the update fails and says the servers can't be reached. The internet here is insanely slow (think early dial-up) and the 1.24gig file takes 20+ hours to download. Is there a way to restore them and fix this? Apple wants me to return my iPad4 for a new one. That is asinine and I don't believe it's necessary. I shouldn't have to return or buy new devices to fix this. It's as bad as Windows if I have to do that.
- 10-23-2013, 11:47 PM #2
Re: Restore fails
Okay so I finally got it to update. The new problem is the restore from back up doesn't have 90% of the content that it had pre-restore. I lost all of my movies, magazines, and books. When I created the backup I know I transferred all of it to my Macbook. In fact all of the movies are on my Macbook now. The magazines are another story. I try and remove them from the iPad and they are showing as being on my iPad. However, when I look at my library they show as needing to be downloaded. So what did I do wrong?
- By Infiniti7 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 6Last Post: 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM
- By Infiniti7 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 10Last Post: 10-20-2013, 08:37 AM
- By baseballbert in forum iPhone 5Replies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM
- By jkeitz in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM