Mavericks Travel Time on iOS

• Thread starter Deleted member 233079
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 233079

I sync my calendars with iCloud.

If I add travel time in Mavericks iCal, why does it not show up in my iOS 7 calendar?

Wouldn't it be useful to notify me the travel time it would take for me to leave actually on my phone?

Weird right? Thought this would come out with 7.0.3.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

If I add travel time in Mavericks iCal, why does it not show up in my iOS 7 calendar?

Wouldn't it be useful to notify me the travel time it would take for me to leave actually on my phone?

It doesn’t show as "travel time", but I believe that it does increase the time for the appointment to include travel time... so, for example, if it’s a 60 minute appointment and 30 minutes travel time, it starts the appointment 30 minutes earlier (travel time) and makes the total time for the appointment 90 minutes (travel time (30) plus appointment time (60)).

iBilly22

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
That's incorrect Fausty. It does not increase the appointment time, just leaves it as is. Also, my iCal on OS X does not give me a map, nor does it calculate the travel time from my previous appointment. Not sure what's going in.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

Dunno why they wouldn't have added this into iOS 7 yet. There is definitely no field for this to sync to in iOS from OS X, though.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
That's incorrect Fausty. It does not increase the appointment time, just leaves it as is. Also, my iCal on OS X does not give me a map, nor does it calculate the travel time from my previous appointment. Not sure what's going in.

Calendar on OS X seems to only display a map and projected travel time if you do not use the Quick Event function, and instead add an event to the day — that allows the Calendar app to poll OS X's built in Maps to determine the event's location (it provides suggestions).

Paul Chase

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had some success by adjusting the start/stop time to my appointments. For some reason just clicking the start time seems to activate travel time.

Wojtek Kruszewski

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When I created an event with Travel time and an alert on OS X, on iOS it appeared without Travel Time but with alert adjusted.

For example, on OS X I create an event that starts at 2 p.m., with travel time of 30 minutes and an alert 5 minutes before. On iOS it appears as an event on 2 p.m. with alert 35 minutes before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2