Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Cool iOS 7 , who designed this mess?

So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.
    Thanked by:
    Jerry_ (10-20-2013)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: iOS 7 , who designed this mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter of the North View Post
    So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    11,430 Global Posts
    iOS Version

To answer the headline question: Sir Jony Ive.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

yes i think ios 7 still have alot of work that needs to be done on it... but i do love the design.. its fresh its new but at the same time iphones users are still familiar with it

To each his own, there's millions that will disagree with you. And I'm one them.
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (10-15-2013)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

What's wrong with people and patience these days....they want change and when they got it it's never good, or soon enough.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.
    Are you sure?
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS 7 , who designed this mess?

Let me put my spin on your comments....

Apple is a very successful & profitable company, and a lot of people see it as "cool". Their "stuff" sell by the millions, and "has" a quality feel and professional look. iOS 7 is cool to a great deal of people, but not everyone. The icons are flat, the Notes app has discarded the lines in exchange for the look of blank sheet of paper, and the keyboard looks cleaner. Changing between the camera and video can be easily accomplished with a mere swipe of the finger. There are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but hey, doesn't all OSes have bugs here and there? Some people view iOS 7 as Apple's answer to complaints of a needed new look to its OS. Heck, even grandma likes it........ How's that?
    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (10-16-2013)

Global Posts
    5,569 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Don't you just love how someone feels the need to create an account just to post such drivel? (Yes. I checked. It was his first post. )
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Don't you just love how someone feels the need to create an account just to post such drivel? (Yes. I checked. It was his first post. )
    And despite those who say it's mean/rude, sometimes the correct answer is "sorry, but that's how it works. If you don't like it, buy something else."
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    To each his own, there's millions that will disagree with you. And I'm one them.
    I also am one of them!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    If Apple went back to ios6, I'd stop using my iPhone. It's bad enough I'm stuck with carrying a GS3 again for work but I use my iPhone whenever possible.

iOS6 looks dated. THAT to me is grandma's phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Former BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to Galaxy S, iPhone 4 White 16GB, BB Bold 9900 White (sold), back to iPhone 4, SGS3 Pebble Blue, SGS3 Garnet Red, BlackBerry Z10 White, 16Gb iPhone 5 White
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (10-16-2013)
    Karenkcoulter, qbnkelt and taz323 like this.

By the way, I checked his profile and he does have a really old phone. So I don't understand what he is trying to say by this, "I don't want my Gramma's phone." Just go buy yourself an iPhone that hasn't been updated to iOS 7 yet.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That's why I asked him was he sure he didn't want grandmas phone. Cause it looks like he already has it.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by si001 View Post
    What's wrong with people and patience these days....they want change and when they got it it's never good, or soon enough.
    we live in a "need it now" society. the OS finally changed, he/she doesn't like it and they "need" it to change "now"

it's a vicious cycle and they more than likely need to seek professional help
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    And still is....

The only one, that is.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

"Cool" as used in this topic is very subjective. Most of my family and friends that have iOS 7 like it a lot.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    If Apple went back to ios6, I'd stop using my iPhone. It's bad enough I'm stuck with carrying a GS3 again for work but I use my iPhone whenever possible.

iOS6 looks dated. THAT to me is grandma's phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Yep. I'd go back to the Galaxy S3, and throw on CyanogenMod.

Global Posts
    3,905 Global Posts
    iOS Version

To be honest, I felt iOS 7 was designed to be a very attractive platform, and it has gone away with so much of the metallic and wooden look, and gone with a cooler, sleeker interface. However, I think many of problems come from the apps themselves , and some elements didn't look right on a tablet form factor. Things like folders are such wasters of screen real estate that you wondered how Ive came up with the idea...
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    Thanked by:
    BLiNK (10-15-2013)
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Yep. I'd go back to the Galaxy S3, and throw on CyanogenMod.
    God I wish I could, but it's an enterprise phone. Can't mess with it.

I'd be using miui.
    Former BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to Galaxy S, iPhone 4 White 16GB, BB Bold 9900 White (sold), back to iPhone 4, SGS3 Pebble Blue, SGS3 Garnet Red, BlackBerry Z10 White, 16Gb iPhone 5 White
    Thanked by:
    Dog5000 (10-16-2013)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Considering how iOS 7 was revealed and demoed during the WWDC during the summer, and how there was a 18.2% adoption rate for iOS 7 during the first 24 hours (higher than iOS 6), I think it's pretty safe to say that quite a lot of people like iOS 7.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

Troll account? 1 post?

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore App

Global Posts
    13,782 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I disagree with you almost completely. Yes there are a few bugs to work out, as is the case with any new OS. By the way, your grandmother must be pretty cool!
    iMore Intermediate

I like iOS 7 quite a bit. Much more useful than iOS 6 and earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts

Not an answer to this thread, yet not a tolling post I have a question - is it safe/wise to update an iPhone 4S to iOS 7 or better wait till major bugs (what are they btw) are fixed? My wife has an iPhone 4S and it's a while she asks me to upgrade the OS, but I read there are some bugs in iOS 7 that may corrupt experience. Thanks
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast