iOS 7 on iPhone 4 Performance

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Howdy all,

I've setup iOS 7 on my old iPhone 4 over here, and although I don't have the device loaded up with much in terms of apps, music and other media... I've been surprised at how well it is performing. This surprises me a bit because over and over I keep hearing how poor performance is on the iPhone 4.

​If you have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7, what's the performance been like? All good, or super slow and laggy?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My friend has an iPhone 4 and recently installed iOS 7 and it runs sluggish, at best. But I'm sure your mileage will vary!

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Used the device sparingly, but it isn't too bad. I have noticed stuttering, but no crashes.

But, again, only limited use since the update.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My daughter is using my old iPhone 4 running iOS 7 since it was released. I don't believe she has had any issues with lag or anything else. Seems to be a solid update on the 4 so far.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have iOS 7 running on my iPhone 4 and it is pretty good. Some of the animations are a bit jerky but it is useable.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
On my husband's it's not totally smooth but he didn't really notice enough to care or care enough to notice ;)

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My mom has an iPhone 4 and IOS 7 looks like it is slow, but I think it is just slow animations. They should speed up the animations.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine hasn't hadn't any issues, just lacking features. And my boss, who doesn't really like iPhone to begin with but his is work given, really doesn't like it. Thinks it's crap. Both i4's and both on AT&T.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My daughter is using my old iPhone 4 running iOS 7 since it was released. I don't believe she has had any issues with lag or anything else. Seems to be a solid update on the 4 so far.

It's the same with my middle son. No problems on his iPhone 4. He loves iOS 7.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine said it is excruciatingly slow. He is hoping to get a newer iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

swade86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently loaded 7.0.4 on my 4 and it runs pretty well. Not much change from using 6.1.3

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Painfully sluggish. When you're used to and expecting immediate response, the keyboard typing can drive you crazy with it's slowness when typing fast. I misspell a lot more on it now.