- 10-11-2013, 08:02 PM #2
- 10-11-2013, 08:07 PM #3
- 10-11-2013, 08:08 PM #4
Re: How do you uninstall iOS7 and then reinstall via iTunes?
Before you do ANYTHING, create an iCloud backup (if you have an iCloud account) and an iTunes backup.
1. locate the ipsw file (iOS) on your computer and move it to the trash bin.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
3. Put your device in DFU mode (Nothing will show on your device's display when in DFU mode) and connect your device via USB to your computer and initiate the computer's iTunes app.
4. iTunes should detect that your device is in recovery and ask if you want to restore and update. Of course, do so.
5. iTunes will then download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version.
6. When complete, I recommend that you set it up as a new device, and not restore it from a backup. However, I understand that time can be of the essence and some people may need to get their device up and running as quickly as possible. If that's you, then restore from your last backup.
- 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM #7
- 10-12-2013, 09:36 AM #8
- 10-12-2013, 11:39 AM #9
- 10-12-2013, 04:30 PM #10
- By ClickClack in forum iOS 7Replies: 44Last Post: 10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
- By ClickClack in forum AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-11-2013, 06:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:38 PM
- By gameson in forum iOS 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:33 PM
- By Chrisy in forum iTunesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:00 PM