how long does iphone will stay disabled ??

Jack Viv

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
How long does iphone will stay disabled ?
Hi everyone.,
Im a new iphone user, i updated my iphone5 with all recent updates from ios7.
I recently changed my passcode and i forgot.
I do remember the numbers used as passcode but i forgot the sequence.

I would like to know how long the phone will be disabled ?
it doesnt show any time like in the previous ios.

Additional Details
my disabled phone gave an option to enter code after 6 hours, after a couple of wrong tries again its disabled.

i have synced my phone 40 days ago.,
can i restore from that point ??
and if i do will i loose all data on my phone ??
i have no icloud back up :raised-eyebrow: too...

Thanks

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
You should be able to restore it to the point it was at 40 days ago, assuming you remember the passcode then - iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode

If you have previously synced your device with iTunes, you may be able to reset the passcode by restoring the device:

Connect the device to the computer with which you normally sync and open iTunes.
Note: If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, try another computer that you have synced with. Otherwise, go to "If you have never synced your device with iTunes, or you do not have access to a computer" section below.
If the device is still disabled, or if iTunes does not automatically sync your device, sync the device with iTunes.
If you have chosen to encrypt your backup, it will contain the passcode. Disable backup encryption before restoring from backup. Learn more about iOS backups in iTunes.
HT1212-itunes11-encrypted_backup-001-en.png

When the backup and sync is complete, select Restore from Backup and choose the most recent backup of your device.

Jack Viv

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Your original thread that was created as a guest can be viewed via the following link:

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/267234-how-long-does-iphone-will-stay-disabled.html

thanks for the reply.
i couldn't find my post as guest, so i posted it again.

and as i connect my phone to itunes it is allowing me to enter passcode.
but unfortunately its not correct. i tried multiple times. im sure sure about my passcode.
its 5656, but i dont know because of multiple attempts is it not accepting ??

after 5 or 6 attempts after entering code, its going into disabled stage.
i remove and plug in again, then it allows me to enter code.

so now do i have anyother option ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and then select to restore it. Note, however, if the device is running iOS 7, and the "Find my iPhone" feature is enabled, you are going to need to enter the associated Apple ID and Password to re-activate the device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2