iOS 7 / Amount of time for the require passcode?

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The only option that I have when I go in to change the length of time for the device to require the passcode is Immediately. Is this a new "feature" or a bug? I am connected to my work email that pushes rules out to the phone, but I think it was set to Immediately before I connected my work email.

Sorry if this was discussed already..

:beer:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Possibly if you use TouchID?on my iPhone 5 I have a variety of options:

6y8a9a6a.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@Massie... Hey Massie I think the reason gave him my answer was because he wrote...."Is this a new feature" which lead me to believe he got the 5S although that should be clarrified or it would go back to yours.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha...and I just doubled checked the Apple site--it is indeed required for Touch ID users:

Notes:

If you have trouble enrolling one finger, try enrolling a different finger.
As you use Touch ID, it will continue to learn and improve recognition of your fingerprint.
Using Touch ID sets your Require Passcode setting to Immediately. You still have the option of entering your passcode simply by sliding to unlock.
If you unintentionally slide and reach the passcode entry screen, you can still use Touch ID to unlock your iPhone (as long as there haven't been five unsuccessful attempts to recognize your finger).
Touch ID works only for fingers that you have enrolled. You can enroll up to five fingers using Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint > Fingerprints.
With each additional finger that you enroll, it may take slightly longer for Touch ID to recognize your finger when you use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox