Tons of problems with Siri since installing iOS 7

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
One of my favorite things about iOS has been Siri. I've always heard people talk bad about it and say how useless it is. I've always experienced the opposite, to me Siri is a huge help and has always been accurate. I have a condition that makes it very hard to use any phone one handed, in instances I only can use one hand I simply hold the home button and tell Siri what I want done, this is very useful in the car. I have limited range of motion so Siri pretty much makes my iPhone hands free, one area I've never understood how google now is productive because you have to unlock the phone then hold the home button. On my iPhone it's 1 step.

Anyways ever since iOS 7 I've had tons of Siri issues. I've attached a SC of the error I get on a regular basis. Even when simply sending a text or making a call it says I can't complete your request. The other day i went through the Siri process of sending a text and it asked 'ready to send it?' I said yes and Siri came back and said 'I don't understand your request'. In iOS 6 all I had to say was yes and my text got sent. Siri was one of the biggest reasons I stuck with an iPhone because in my life and the physical limitations I have Siri made the tasks that were hard for me, simple.

Does anybody else have these problems in iOS 7? Anybody have any ideas or methods I might be able to use to correct my problems so my hard tasks become simple again? I appreciate any help, thanks.
ejyhu9ez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes this problem is common. It's either the Apple servers have been overwhelmed or you're reception is bad. If that's not the case , rest your network settings. That should help

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk now Free

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you switch from LTE/3G to Wifi during the process? I've seen this happen in those cases (ie. you walking into/out of range of your wifi network while using Siri.)

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes this problem is common. It's either the Apple servers have been overwhelmed or you're reception is bad. If that's not the case , rest your network settings. That should help

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk now Free

I'm in a well covered Verizon LTE area so service is not an issue. I'll try the network settings, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Peggy N

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My son, myself, my brother and his wife are all having the same problem with siri- not understanding, or the perpetual spinning wheel in talk text. I agree full heartedly about how convenient and easy it was to do various tasks all by asking siri. Now, she is often rendered useless. It has caused us so much frustration if there were another company we could run to we would! Can't believe I now have major disappointment in apple whereas before ios7 , I figured apple was the greatest! That's the biggest thing, there are other frustrations we are all dealing with but this huge change in Siris effectiveness is something none of us are dealing well with. I wish I could go back in time and just NOT select "upgrade to ios7" We are very unhappy- BTW: we have 5s 32 (two of them), a 5s 64, and a 4s and ALL of us are having this problem.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this issue too from time to time. I also experience Siri taking a long time to respond to my requests occasionally, or just silence from her with no response at all.

Additionally, I made a recent thread about Siri not reading my texts back to me before asking if I'm ready to send. That's a change in ios7 I can't figure out.

cunningbrad

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue too from time to time. I also experience Siri taking a long time to respond to my requests occasionally, or just silence from her with no response at all.

Additionally, I made a recent thread about Siri not reading my texts back to me before asking if I'm ready to send. That's a change in ios7 I can't figure out.

Yes some times it will "review" the text then other time it just starts over and doesn't even send the text.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problems. I read an article recently that said it is a known problem and that it is being looked at.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes some times it will "review" the text then other time it just starts over and doesn't even send the text.

Yeah, that's aggravating and almost makes it useless. After she reviews the text and asks me if I want to send it, I don't hear the beep for me to say yes or no. If I say "yes," or any other response, she doesn't act. It just causes me to have to look at the screen to figure out what is going on...the exact thing I'm trying to avoid by using Siri in the first place. I think this is beyond minor "bug," and is a major problem.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I do find Siri much slower to actually start listening for a command. If I start speaking too quickly after hearing the beeps then it takes a really long time for it to analyze and act.

The other part about Siri I don't get is why the Apple Maps app uses the old Siri voice.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I find a lot in iOS 7 broken. Siri just the other day would not call a contact, said "sorry I can't do that". Wouldn't even try, then I tell siri to call someone's iPhone, she replies that contact doesn't have an iPhone number. Even though it lists iPhone plain as day. I wish I could roll back the clock and skip this entire horrid nightmare.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice