Safari "private" button not showing
Noticed this a while back but only just figured out a workaround today. On installing iOS 7 on my ipad I deleted the favourites that it adds in pretty much straight away (yahoo, bing etc). Ever since the Private button at the lower left doesn't show when opening a new tab. Seems this only appears if you have at least 1 item in whatever folder you have set as favourites in the settings > safari > favourites option.
Not exactly game breaking but it's been annoying me where the button disappeared to - hopefully it might help someone else in the same situation!
- 10-06-2013, 05:43 PM #2
Re: Safari "private" button not showing
When you're in "private" browsing mode, the browser's theme is dark. The word, "Private", indeed appears in the lower left corner. When you add more tabs, it does not display on the individual tabs, however, when you select the add tab icon, all of your open tabs appear, and "Private" is clearly visible in the lower left corner. Furthermore, the dark browser theme is still apparent letting you know that you're still browsing privately. Just knowing that is sufficient for me.
- By isuquinndog in forum iOS 7Replies: 15Last Post: 01-22-2016, 07:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2013, 08:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
- By TMFoughty in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2013, 09:08 AM