Accessory not compatible with iPhone?

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever seen this before? I've used the same charger for my iPhone since iPhone 5ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380823860.907154.jpg now. Now that I've uploaded iOS 7 on it I get this?

Should I be concerned about anything?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I get it sometimes.. and sometimes it works fine....

Some reports of cable going bad or iOS7 making some cables not work anymore.....

​I only use Apple cables and no issues.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I get it sometimes.. and sometimes it works fine....

Some reports of cable going bad or iOS7 making some cables not work anymore.....

​I only use Apple cables and no issues.

Are there any reported instances of such a product damaging an iPhone?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't damage the phone using non-approved cables; however, Apple cables will surely work better and ensure your device is being charged.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Are there any reported instances of such a product damaging an iPhone?
I can't say my phone was damaged by a non-certified cable, but it was totally unresponsive the other morning while attached to said non-certified cable. Took much prodding (sleep/home a number of times) before I could get it to reboot. No way of knowing what caused the issue, but for me, it's not worth the off-chance it was the cable. Will only use certified cable and chargers from now on.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i'm having that issue too. i bought a bunch of aftermarket cables for cheap that worked totally fine on iOS 6. now all of them will give this error about 70% of the time. when this error happens, it still charges, but half as fast. if i pull it out and in a few times until it doesn't give that message, then it will charge at normal speed. really sucks cause these cables don't cause any damage and apple doesn't sell 6' cables. i don't mind the message, just wish it charged as fast.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Never got that message but the Touch ID stopped working on my 5S when I used a very non Apple charger. So I stopped using the charger.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a charger I've been using for a couple of years now. It's got a micro USB cable attached to it and a free USB slot. I have an Apple 30 pin cable in the free slot for my wife's iPhone. On the micro USB cable I have an Apple micro USB to lightning adaptor. It's worked fine all this time. Even with my new iPhone 5s since launch. Just yesterday my 5s has started displaying that message (or words to that effect anyway) when both my 5s and my wife's 4s are plugged in.

Ted Flick

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
IPHONE 6 started automatically displaying compatibly error yesterday. It just pops up randomly. Not even attached to a computer or cable???? Latest update and version. Only thing I can say that was different was trying to see why my kids 5c would not work with a portable battery charger. Got a similar error but was plugged into a cable and portable charger. That was a week and a half ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative