How to block phone calls, FaceTime calls, and Messages from someone in iOS 7

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How to block phone calls, FaceTime calls, and Messages from someone in iOS 7

I know this addresses much of what you would find in the message forum but under only 1 sub forum that makes sense to I decided to put it under info for iOS 7 and hope you all will read it if this is a concern to you. Never know when you might need to use it and if you do, You will be ready.

How to block phone calls, FaceTime calls, and Messages from someone in iOS 7 | iMore

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How it works... once you add a number to your blocked list... any time they call you, the call rolls to voicemail. You get no alert a voicemail has been received. All that shows up is a category in the voicemail screen for 'blocked messages' you can listen to... or simply delete. One of the best additions to iOS. I previously jailbroke for the blocking app iBlacklist alone... no more. :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have caller id so this will only work for FaceTime, iMessages and text messages for me...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How it works... once you add a number to your blocked list... any time they call you, the call rolls to voicemail. You get no alert a voicemail has been received. All that shows up is a category in the voicemail screen for 'blocked messages' you can listen to... or simply delete. One of the best additions to iOS. I previously jailbroke for the blocking app iBlacklist alone... no more. :)
Thank you for the further explanation of technically how it works once you add the person Keith.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Caller ID is a default, included feature on US calling plans... must be different for Bell...

Yes and no... Recently (~ February 2013) caller id is included in all plans but at the time I got my plan (December 2011) it wasn't included and was an extra $7. My plan is a voice only plan + data addon and at the time it was not that great but compared to the plans offered now mine looks really good (6 GB of data for $30 + fab 10 unlimited talk nationwide, unlimited local nights & weekends, 150 local minutes, unlimited text/pic/vid messaging to mobile in North America while in Canada for $40) so I can live without caller id for now until bell forces me to change my plan but at least I can block numbers/Apple IDs for FaceTime, iMessages and text messages still though.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox