Why does it take 3 to 5 seconds for the dial pad to appear?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dial pad

It's a year old to you... But it's older then that in Technology and how well the OS is written to work with older devices....

You can 100% expect issues and lag on older hardware...

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Agreed super. I searched for this topic and nothing came up. Didn't mean to double post. Some things are much laggier since that update!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No. I have a 5s and find the whole phone app laggy. I started a thread about it over a week ago.

Agreed super. I searched for this topic and nothing came up. Didn't mean to double post. Some things are much laggier since that update!

Did you set up your new devices with a backup made with your old one? If so, that *could* be the problem. If you have the time, try restoring your device via iTunes and set it up as a new device.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Who says it's the dial app itself I find it varies on my i5 depending on who I call and if I call from recent or contacts.

I've used my girlfriends i4 and it's sometimes quicker than my 5

Sprint won't ring for 3 seconds and won't hang up for 3 to 5 if I call if I receive a call it sleeps right away

Sent from my iPhone 5

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

i just don't understand some people here come up w some idea without any logic behind .
i updated my 4s via wifi to ios7 .
what is the connection between a clear install and whatsoever and the delay with the appearance of my dial pad ????
can just someone explain it for me and also others ???
so somone means : if i make a (clean) install of my ios via iTunes AGAIN , so all the bugs and problem will be solved ?
in what bases ??????

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dial pad

i just don't understand some people here come up w some idea without any logic behind .
what is the connection between a clear install and whatsoever and the delay with the appearance of my dial pad ????
so somone means : if i make a (clean) install of my ios via iTunes AGAIN , so all the bugs and problem will be solved ?
in what bases ??????

That can go both ways. For those of us who are not having the same problems you are having while using the same device cannot understand why you are having those problems and we are not. All we can do is suggest what we think may help you. In my "personal experience", a clean install (deleting the ipsw file, putting the device in DFU mode, and then restore as new via iTunes) has served me well and has, in my opinion, kept me from experiencing many of the problems I read about on a daily basis here in the forums. Whether a recommendation makes sense or not, it is your choice to accept it and potentially get the problem solved or continue dealing with the problems you are having.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Ok. Got ur point.
Just one question for u bro.
U do not have the dialpad running in the background and when u push ur dislpad it just come up on the spot ? Without 2 seconds delay ???
Is this true ?
Do u mind if i asked u to share a clip from the time u push ur dialpad ?
Would u do that ?
Tnx

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iMore Forums mobile app

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

in what bases ??????

A clean install means restoring though iTunes but setting the phone up as new instead of using a local or iCloud backup. Some do this so no old settings files are loaded that cloud cause problems.

Also remember the iPhone has similar characteristics as a PC or Mac, parts do wear out and become slow over time

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Ok. Got ur point.
Just one question for u bro.
U do not have the dialpad running in the background and when u push ur dislpad it just come up on the spot ? Without 2 seconds delay ???
Is this true ?
Do u mind if i asked u to share a clip from the time u push ur dialpad ?
Would u do that ?
Tnx

I don't see how someone else showing a video of them opening the dial pad would be beneficial to anyone....? I don't have any delay when opening my phone app or dial pad. I suggest trying what JustMe'D recommended and going from there. He knows what he is talking about...he has helped me out many of times in the past.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

In ios6 when i push the dialpad i could dial numbers on the spot but now after upgrade to ios 7 i have to wait 2 sec before i can dial numbers.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

In ios6 when i push the dialpad i could dial numbers on the spot but now after upgrade to ios 7 i have to wait 2 sec before i can dial numbers.

Try what was said above. See if it works.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I did a clear install few hours ago.
Still when i open my dialpad it takes 2sec before i can dial any number.
Thanks for all if your help prople but it did not make any different in my case. I just did it to prove it to myself and now i am comvinced that clear instal have nothing to do w the performance of my 4s.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I did a clear install few hours ago.
Still when i open my dialpad it takes 2sec before i can dial any number.
Thanks for all if your help prople but it did not make any different in my case. I just did it to prove it to myself and now i am comvinced that clear instal have nothing to do w the performance of my 4s.

I'm sorry you're having delay issues with your dial pad, and I'm sorry that none of the things we asked you to try has helped. Hopefully, the upcoming iOS update will fix the problem. :)