What issues are you having with iOS 7?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
iMessage is not working half the time. It's not syncing between iDevices. When I tried to access the messages setting under settings the phone froze and became unresponsive for a minute. I'm also noticing that Safari also randomly crashes a lot more frequently particularly with most sites with YouTube videos embedded in them. Also stock iOS apps frequently crash periodically as well. Sometimes Siri on either the iPhone or iPad will be unresponsive. Ask him/her something and the mic just spins and spins.

Finally I got frustrated and just decided to restore both the iPhone and iPad. Restored both as new just in case anything that was causing the bugs was backed up to either device. Upon completion of the restore on the iPhone I launch the camera app for first time...guess what? IT CRASHED! Both devices are on 7.0.2.

I really feel that Apple rushed the release of iOS 7 way to early. It is so not ready for prime time!

I'm having the same iMessage problem. My iMessages haven't synced between my iPad and iPhone since the iOS 7 update. And also my iMessage seems to hang once a day when trying to send a message.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple has had iMessage issues before in the past when it's not during the release of a new OS. Maybe it's more of a server issue than an OS issue.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been worse and I've had some issues with iMessage. iMessage isn't recognizing a contact is also on iMessage and sending messages as texts, or sending them as iMessages and immediately saying they failed to send. Re-sending them doesn't change the result. But the iMessage issues are spotty and it does work properly most of the time.

What device?

I'm on the 5s and battery life isn't that great and it gets somewhat warm when doing basic tasks.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded system monitor and in memory status it shows 97mb available of 512mb . !!!
Any idea why memory available are so little ?
Thanks everbody.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iMore Forums mobile app

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Let's not also forget the random reboots happening when either trying to reply to a message or when just opening various apps. Screen goes black then the spinning circle occurs then black screen and Apple logo. The iPhone did this to me last night. Keep in mind I had just restored the phone as NEW earlier in the day.

juliaf

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it's terrible. The keyboard is extremely slow when i type, the battery life is completely unreliable, it lags all the time, my apps shut down every time i open them, and just recently i tried plugging my brand new iPod into its charger after i downloaded iOS7, and it now does not work. I can't turn it on anymore, and even when i click the home button, it doesn't tell me to plug it in, its just done.

Chris Miller16

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well first of all I do like iOS 7.0.2 but... there are still bugs in the software that have yet to be addressed.

1st:
The Music program does not work correctly. If your device locks or if you lock it after closing down the Music player and access it from the Control Panel (Sliding up from the bottom of the screen without unlocking the device) and go to resume playing your song or audiobook, it will randomly pick a song out of one of your playlists or it will try to use iTunes radio, which on my iTouch I don't even have enable, yet it still tries to use it.

2nd:
Audiobooks no longer has chapters listed, when you bring up a audiobook it now only plays as one long contagious audio file, which is a real pain when you are trying to find your place in a book on a 12 hour audio file because you tried to launch it after the Music program changed the file you where listening to.

3rd:
What if you never want to use iTunes Radio? You can't get rid of the icon and you cant move it either because the player has it all grayed out.

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not having any issues with my 5S, but it seems like the 7.0.2 release screwed up a lot of things. Hopefully 7.0.3 will be out soon and will address all of these oddities. It just seems so unlike Apple to release an iOS patch that makes things worse.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm starting to get frustrated with iOS 7. I'm experiencing multiple bugs. iMessage still not working right even after resetting network settings. iTunes Radio cuts out randomly and is unreliable to use as a music player. Battery life is still much worse even after turning off background app refresh and most location services.

I'm disappointed Apple released this with so many bugs. iOS 7 is less responsive than iOS 6 when it comes to the touchscreen as well.

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My mother in law has a 4s and is having issues with answering and making calls. She is having other issues that I'm not too sure of. She is extremely upset because she has needs her phone to run her business so hopefully I can fix it tomorrow

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
As has already been mentioned, battery on my iPhone 5 is not as good as it was before the update. Nothing drastic I think, but definitely noticeable. Other than that, no problems so far. Great OS I think.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion it's terrible. The keyboard is extremely slow when i type, the battery life is completely unreliable, it lags all the time, my apps shut down every time i open them, and just recently i tried plugging my brand new iPod into its charger after i downloaded iOS7, and it now does not work. I can't turn it on anymore, and even when i click the home button, it doesn't tell me to plug it in, its just done.

My iPod has 0 lag unless I'm playing a very graphics heavy game like modern combat 4 or asphalt 8, no apps have crashed unless they haven't been updated for iOS 7 or haven't been updated for 2 years, also use an apple certified wall charger and cable, my keyboard doesn't lag at all. If your iPod won't turn on take it in to an apple store and they should give you a replacement since it hasn't been out for a year yet.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any issues with my 5S, but it seems like the 7.0.2 release screwed up a lot of things. Hopefully 7.0.3 will be out soon and will address all of these oddities. It just seems so unlike Apple to release an iOS patch that makes things worse.

Care to elaborate then what you mean by screwing things up?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Here is one that came up in the phone app today when looking at my favorites. First one is when I tapped the info button. Second one is what the favorites tab looked like. A reboot fixed it.
jubuty3u.jpg
syhu8yze.jpg