Bypass activation help

evolution75

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if there is any way to bypass activation without a sim card on a iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.2. I want to give it to my son to use it like a iPod. I tried using my sim card to bypass it but the problem with that is my number is linked to it, so all my messages get sent to that phone and I cant find out how to unlink my number from it. Any help would be great thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are only goingto as you said more or less eliminate the phone portion and only want him to use it as an iPod please read this guide so see if you can pull some help from it on your issue.

Consider the words in the guide carefully to get out what it is saying and forget the part about selling. Let us know and thank you for the question.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-...ock-before-selling-your-iphone-ipad-ipod.html

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I will try this later. I hope it works

You should be able to activate the phone with any active SIM that is compatible with the phone and your service provider. Once it’s activated, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > and uncheck the phone number (and any email address that you don’t want to use... then add the email address that you DO want to use.

evolution75

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried that but it won't let me uncheck my phone number. So I just deleted iCloud off the phone and that seems to work. Thanks to Jaguarr40 for the post.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2