Getting iTunes Radio outside of the US - no proxy required

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From lifehacker:

In iTunes 11, go to the iTunes Store and scroll all the way down. You will see your current country?s flag as an icon. Click on that to change your country to United States. Then, head to the App Store and buy a free app. When you are prompted to sign in to buy that app, click ?Create a new Apple ID?. Follow the instructions, choose ?none? when prompted for payment options, and use a fake US address. Verify your email and sign into your iTunes with this new account. You?re ready to listen to iTunes Radio!

BGR India writes:
The other method is to do it on your [iOS] device. Sign out from your existing Apple ID. You go to the App Store, download a free app and in the next window where it asks for an ID, you select ?Create Apple ID?. The rest of the steps are the same as above. After you?ve created a new ID, go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store to sign in again on your device using this new account.​

The only issue is that this hack only works when you create a new US-based Apple account, so you can?t use it on your current Apple ID. Switching IDs is easy in iTunes, where you can quickly sign in and out. But on your iPhone, iPad or iPad, it turns out to be a bit cumbersome since it affects other apps on the iOS device.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This will go well... how long will it take before people forget which store they're logged in under and get all wee-wee'd up that their apps aren't there - can't download updates... yadda yadda yadda...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This will go well... how long will it take before people forget which store they're logged in under and get all wee-wee'd up that their apps aren't there - can't download updates... yadda yadda yadda...

I've been switching back and forth between my US and Canadian iTunes accounts, it is annoying but I can live with it at the moment. But I would label this as "advanced users only".

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free