iMessage only working for certain contacts?

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue where imessage isn't working for everyone? It works for some but not others?? I've tried shutting it off and turning it back on, but haven't flat out erased settings just yet.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue where imessage isn't working for everyone? It works for some but not others?? I've tried shutting it off and turning it back on, but haven't flat out erased settings just yet.

The obvious question is "are the contacts for which it doesn’t work also using iOS devices?".

What happens when you try to iMessage them? Do you get an option to send the message as a text message?

I’m on 7.0.2 as well, and I am not having any issues....

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is specific to known iphone users. In fact I've asked them if they're seeing the same thing on their end and they're saying yes but they haven't experienced this issue with anyone else but me. It automatically sends as a text, and doesn't even attempt to send as an iMessage.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is specific to known iphone users. In fact I've asked them if they're seeing the same thing on their end and they're saying yes but they haven't experienced this issue with anyone else but me. It automatically sends as a text, and doesn't even attempt to send as an iMessage.

Erase your conversation then hard reset your phone when it boots up try texting again

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me a bit, lately. iMessages will immediately fail. I'll try to resend and they fail again. I have just resorted to sending them as texts and haven't tried to fix it.

pattybourke

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Fausty82 : good point. I just realised 2 of my main former iMessage friends recently changed phones to samsung. Thanks for helping me figure that out. Simple really!!

Jesus Figueroa

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow this is just baffling to me, especially when i'm all about mac, i'm having the same problem i have iPhone 5 my girl has iPhone 5c both with IOS 8 update, what baffles me is she can iMessage me but i can't iMessage her on my iPhone . but i can iMessage her from iPad whats going on same network WIFI.

Please help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro