Where does this go? I used it on an email in my IMAP account and the message was removed from my Inbox, but I cannot find any folder called "Junk" anywhere in the account. I also see no way of telling the thing where I want junk mail to go, as I can for Trash, Sent and Drafts.
    09-26-2013 01:33 PM
    Where does this go? I used it on an email in my IMAP account and the message was removed from my Inbox, but I cannot find any folder called "Junk" anywhere in the account. I also see no way of telling the thing where I want junk mail to go, as I can for Trash, Sent and Drafts.
    I always assumed that it got flagged as spam... and on my gmail account, spam gets deleted every day or so... If it’s "junk", I truly never gave it much thought beyond marking it as such.
    09-26-2013 01:35 PM
    Well, I need it to go into a specific folder so I can (hopefully) train the spam filter on my server. Flagging it as spam on the iPhone does me no good. I was hoping the "Move to junk" would allow me to do this with a single tap, compared to the "move to folder" command which takes several more (scroll to locate the folder, then select it). Like the "move to junk" works on my desktop mail client, which moves the messages to a configured folder AND marks the messages as read.

But as I said, I cannot locate where they go, here.
    09-26-2013 03:59 PM
    I also have noticed the same problem you have mentioned. I also have IMAP accounts and when you swipe a message to the left and select, MORE, then MOVE TO JUNK, it disappears and then will reappear in your inbox a few moments later. Given that the iOS does not allow you to MAP the JUNK mail folder this is no surprise. I believe this to be a bug as far as I am concerned. Under the advance setting of your mail account you have the option to MAP all the other folders, Drafts, Sent, Deleted, Archive Mailboxes but not Junk. Without telling it where your Junk mail folder is it just flags it as junk and puts it back into your inbox.

If anyone else discovers something different I would love to hear from you.
    09-30-2013 09:38 PM
    Next to your inbox click mailboxes then below click the account you use, there will be a junk folder there.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-13-2013 11:08 AM
    1. Initiate the native Mail app and make sure you are on the screen that with the heading, "Mailboxes".
    2. Tap "Edit" in the upper right corner.
    3. Scroll down and select "Add Mailbox".
    4. Select the account you want to manipulate.
    5. Tap on "Junk"
    6. Select "Done" in the upper right corner.

The junk folder should appear in the individual accounts' mailbox listing so when you select to "move to junk", the message(s) will be moved to that particular folder within the specific email account. There is no universal junk folder at this time.
    10-13-2013 11:17 AM
    I tried the "add folder" method, but still didn't move to Junk folder. For my IMAP account I followed these instrucions and it worked:

"It seems you have to set the IMAP Path Prefix:

[Redacted] e-message-to-trash-imap/

For my own Mailserver i tried "INBOX" and it worked"

Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-13-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed link
    02-13-2014 04:13 PM
    I tried the "add folder" method, but still didn't move to Junk folder. For my IMAP account I followed these instrucions and it worked:

"It seems you have to set the IMAP Path Prefix:

[Redacted] e-message-to-trash-imap/

For my own Mailserver i tried "INBOX" and it worked"

The OP did not state that he received an error in regard to moving message to the trash folder. He specifically asked for the location of the "junk" folder.
    02-13-2014 04:21 PM
    My problem is the same as the one above. "Move to junk" I did have a junk box where in box, drafts, trash is but it mysteriously disappeared . I'm sure there are a mass of emails in there but I can't access them. Please help. I am an elderly person and I want to learn all this stuff but when things move without me doing it I don't have a clue. Thanks in advance.
    07-19-2016 04:44 PM
    My problem is the same as the one above. "Move to junk" I did have a junk box where in box, drafts, trash is but it mysteriously disappeared . I'm sure there are a mass of emails in there but I can't access them. Please help. I am an elderly person and I want to learn all this stuff but when things move without me doing it I don't have a clue. Thanks in advance.
    You might try accessing your email account online. You might be able to see the Spam/Junk folder there. Or add it back in. What email provider do you use?
    07-19-2016 04:52 PM