Won't Update

CSkeen139

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have had the iOS 7 beta for a few months now. I love it. But it's time to go to the real thing now, and after (at least attempting to, it gave me the thank you message) updating to iTunes 11.1, I went to put my phone on iOS 7, rather than it still running on beta 6. However, when I go in, iTunes looks no different than before and will not recognize that my phone is not up to date. I would update on my phone itself, but the update did not go out over the air to the developers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming you were running iOS 7 GM. If so, it is the same version as the official iOS 7 release. What you can do is delete the ipsw file that is on your computer, put your device in DFU Mode and then connect it to your computer via USB and select to restore it via iTunes. This will force iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the official iOS 7. Please do either an iCloud and/or iTunes backup first.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Find and obtain the GM 'Gold Master' ipsw in the same manner you installed other betas... that is the final iOS7 version. Going forward, regular iOS updates will happen normally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh