I have had the iOS 7 beta for a few months now. I love it. But it's time to go to the real thing now, and after (at least attempting to, it gave me the thank you message) updating to iTunes 11.1, I went to put my phone on iOS 7, rather than it still running on beta 6. However, when I go in, iTunes looks no different than before and will not recognize that my phone is not up to date. I would update on my phone itself, but the update did not go out over the air to the developers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
- 09-26-2013, 08:29 AM #2
Re: Won't Update
I am assuming you were running iOS 7 GM. If so, it is the same version as the official iOS 7 release. What you can do is delete the ipsw file that is on your computer, put your device in DFU Mode and then connect it to your computer via USB and select to restore it via iTunes. This will force iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the official iOS 7. Please do either an iCloud and/or iTunes backup first.
- 09-26-2013, 08:31 AM #3
- 09-26-2013, 08:54 AM #5
- By JasW in forum iPad 3Replies: 15Last Post: 03-24-2016, 04:59 PM
- By learning2 in forum iOS 7Replies: 5Last Post: 12-21-2014, 03:07 PM
- By rvalvo in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 5Last Post: 09-26-2013, 07:57 PM
- By gameson in forum iOS 7Replies: 9Last Post: 09-26-2013, 05:32 PM
- By amir16david in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 6Last Post: 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM