iOS 7 Causing Motion Sickness

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This is redicilous. How can this make you sick? It's obvious prior to using their phone there is something wrong with there bodies I.e they will feel however they feel. You cannot blame an OS about your health. These people are just exaggerating and trying to find something wrong with the way iOS 7 was deigned.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
While I fully understand getting motion sickness from digital motions (I can't play most video games on PS3, I tried The Last Of Us and got 10 minutes in and was violently ill, even Little Big Planet I can't play, I've tried everything including sea bands. I have to stick to rock band or the sports games) so I can say that no, it isn't something wrong with their bodies and yes transitions and visuals on a screen can make you very ill, I think it's being exaggerated in this case. It is still possible, some are more susceptible than others.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I was just about to post this same thing.

I had to turn off the parallax feature nearly instantly. It was hurting my eyes too look at, I was getting a headache after just a few minutes. I was freaking out when I first installed iOS 7. The animations don't bother me other than their slowness. But there is no possible way I can use that parallax thing.

I can see where people are coming from.

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. I am very sensitive to motion sickness. If I'm even in the same room as Super Mario Galaxy I start feeling queazy, and don't get me started on Windows Phone and Windows 8 with their gliding, sliding start screen panels of barf, but iOS 7 hasn't given me a hard time at all.

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Does the paralax (sp?) motion only appear with certain device models? I have an iPhone 4 with OS 7 and don't notice any movement and cannot find the settings everyone notes to reduce effects.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea so why is this just now coming out and the beta has been out for months now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't bothered me much, but I can see how it's possible. I think people need to get off the Apple high horse and realize that visually, iOS 7 has introduced a lot of changes. The animations when unlocking the phone and when opening and closing apps, these all involve movement that wasn't existent in previous versions of the OS. One thing that does annoy/irritate me is just the brightness of the whole thing...there is too much white and I wish they had a dark option (at least for the keyboard, like in the Messages app). The brightness combined with the excessive animations can very well cause motion sickness in some people.

I hope Apple introduces a toggle to turn off animations in an update, and an option for a darker theme.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro