iPhone 5s sporadically crashing to Apple logo

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My first crash yesterday as well. Was surfing the web on Safari with Spotify playing in the background, when my iPhone spontaneously rebooted. Suspect it's simply a lack of ram.

According to Anandtech, the 64-bit OS uses RAM more aggressively, so that's possibly one reason.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh okk can u pls specify which app was dat ? Thnxx

Deltek Vision Touch Time app. There are 2 apps and this is the newer version but it kept crashing my phone. I deleted this 1 and downloaded Deltek Vision Mobile Time (older version) and haven't had a crash since.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the iOS 7 forum for further discussion as that is the reason for the crash issues that some people are experiencing. I am hoping this will be addressed with the release of iOS 7.1.

mack65

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 works well no crashes on ios7 and I love it

But my ipad 4 64gb crashes back to the apple logo
It started after the ios7 install
I've got all the iOS7 updates installed

multitasking seems to be one issue but not all the time
Sometime Safari crashes
One app the Simpsons was crashing all the time till I reinstalled it
Now only sometimes it crashes

All the diagnostics reports about the crashes are something to do with memory

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a small sample size to work with but so far only my new 5S has crashed. Only once so far and I'm hoping it is a rare event. My iPhone 5 locked up on me one time while trying to download an OS update back on iOS 6. I thought it had died, but finally got it back to life and it was fine after that. It was perfect with iOS 7. My iPad 4 hasn't had any crashes before or after iOS 7. It seems a little slower than it was on iOS 6, but it's been stable. My wife's iPhone 5 has been solid on iOS 7. I really like iOS 7 on my devices and I'm expecting the bugs that some are having to be fixed by Apple. One problem I did have on my iPhone 5 was that the Gmail app would only give me notifications if I selected notify for all new mail. My 5S actually works when I select primary mail only which I'm very happy about. I think I've been through bugs on every OS update with both iOS and Android and usually they are fixed fairly soon.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it why Apple put only 1 GB of RAM in the 64 bit 5S. They could have just thrown in 2 or 4GB. Memory is cheap, no matter what Apple say. But maybe even that would have affected the sacred profit margin too much, the margin which is the highest ever witnessed in consumer eletronics, and so now users put up with an underpowered phone. Oh well. Not going to update to 5S myself. Clearly, the design is still immature and just too cheap. A phone that costs EUR 700, or a thousand dollars, should not be crashing left and right because it is running out of RAM. Period.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone has crashed regularly. At least every other day. Safari and multitasking seem to be the biggest culprits. I'm kind of used to it from having a jailbroken 4s for over a year. That phone rarely crashed with stock ios 6. I'm just a little disappointed to see that their new flagship phone and OS are having this issue.

TrevviW

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Aug 12th 2014
Last night and about 4 times today the same thing happened to me. Logo was not pulsing in any way, not sure it was a full reboot, too quick to get back up for that. About 2 mins max.
More than once just at the start of a conversation over the Iphone 5.
IOS 7.1.2 was installed a few weeks back.
I did delete Google + yesterday due to a load of religious rubbish on it from who knows where.
If I went to the Apple Store what are they likely to tell me.

TrevviW

K Hall1

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone find the solution to this issue; it always seem to happen during a call for me? The white screen with apple Logo comes up interrupt the call briefly and then goes back to the active call. My Phone is used most for business and it's really not good in my case. Thanks in advance for your help regarding this matter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods