iPhone 5s sporadically crashing to Apple logo

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Did they have any suggestions as to what is causing this.Mine has done it three times today.

I am starting to think it has something to do with hiding the apps. Is everyone that is having the reboot, also hiding apps?

and on that same topic, is anyone else experienceing this. When I hide apps, then use them, then close them, I get a white cloud like trail as they close.

No suggestions, but I was having mine do the blue screen and then restart. I also don't hide apps.

latingeo

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the same exact apps I was running on my iphone 5 on my iphone 5s, and I discovered that TANGO is making my iphone 5s crash to a blue screen then to the apple logo. I uninstalled TANGO and it seemed to stop the rebooting, don't know if it's tango or it just pulls to much ram

Delaney Rides Fixed

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Ive had this happen way too much for it to be nothing. I had a launch day 5s 32gb black which I replaced friday for a white 32gb black 5s. The phone has started crashing to the apple logo again though its only happened once. I contacted apple and they say they've not heard of this. I went to the jump+ retailer and asked if they'd had any reports of this as well as the TELUS store where i picked up the phones. Neither has heard. I do have applecare+ so im not particularly worried or anything its just a PITA. Hoping it gets sorted out with an update down the road. Like others ive had it crash on apple apps as well as third party. Even had it crash to the logo when doing a shutdown. I swiped the slider and had the logo come up.. the phones shut down was cancelled in the process and i had to do it again. Never had these issues with an apple product before.. in all honesty someone was really drunk when they decided to stay at 1gb of ram.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 5s for four days already and it only crashed to the apple logo screen once. I think I was removing the apps from the multitask menu when it happened.

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I experienced one today during a phone call but I didn't get disconnected which was nice. But I pushed the button and flicked back onto the normal home screen

Instagram: Jeryl31

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok, today my iPhone has crashed to the Apple logo screen a couple of times. One of them was triggered when I tapped on a Facebook notification to get sent into the Facebook app, but it momentarily displayed a blue screen and then crashed.

KoukiFC3S

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
My first 5s crashed at least 6 times in two days. Replaced it and my new one crashed once in 3 days. Still not perfect so I hope an update will fix this soon.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others above, I think it's a software issue that will get worked our. Perhaps something to do with legacy apps (apps built with the 6.0 SDK) that may be the culprit. Mine has respringed a few times already usually while tapatalk is in the background (when accessing a built in app like settings) ... Me personally I think I will give it another 30 days before I really worry about it at all.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just had it happen ironically LOL while viewing this thread and swapping to the music app through multitasking.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday my 5S crashed to the Apple logo for the first time while I was adding an event to the Calendar app. Only happened that once and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

anon(3792)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's a software issue, why is Apple replacing the devices? I'm on my 2nd 5s. First one Apple replaced because the screen kept freezing and becoming unresponsive. I only had that phone for 2 days and set it up as new. No restore. I've had this one for about a week and it looks like it resprings (quick reboot) about 5-6 times a day. I also set this one up as new. Seems random, though I often feel like it's happening when I'm moving around between apps a lot - so maybe low memory is an issue.

I'm used to these kinds of problems on my Android phones, but I'm more than a little frustrated at the prospect of having to replace yet another iphone...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it's a software issue, why is Apple replacing the devices? I'm on my 2nd 5s. First one Apple replaced because the screen kept freezing and becoming unresponsive. I only had that phone for 2 days and set it up as new. No restore. I've had this one for about a week and it looks like it resprings (quick reboot) about 5-6 times a day. I also set this one up as new. Seems random, though I often feel like it's happening when I'm moving around between apps a lot - so maybe low memory is an issue.

I'm used to these kinds of problems on my Android phones, but I'm more than a little frustrated at the prospect of having to replace yet another iphone...

They are replacing devices because most people aren't experiencing that kind of issue...so it's not an ingrained problem with the software, otherwise everyone would be complaining about it. I've had nothing but perfect performance out of my 5S and iOS 7...and as with anything, when something is working properly, you're not going to hear much about it...sporadic issues like this are better "fixed" by replacing the device than sending out a firmware update when it isn't a "majority" issue. Maps was a majority issue, everyone experienced some kind of problem with it...even the scuffing issue last year, it was not just a small number of affected people.

This crashing thing is not a very wide spread "problem", even though it might seem like it because you're reading reports about it...like I said before, people usually don't report heavily on properly running devices, and usually only when asked.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's happened all ALL THREE of mine, my original unit, and both warranty replacements. It did it twice in the apple store on this latest unit in front of them last night. They have no explanation.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's happened all ALL THREE of mine, my original unit, and both warranty replacements. It did it twice in the apple store on this latest unit in front of them last night. They have no explanation.

You are seriously the most unlucky iPhone buyer I have ever seen.