Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Random alert sound

Hey I have ringer going off and locking my phone out! When I'm in the middle of a project any news!
    iMore Nanite

Turn off icloud keychain and tones will stop

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Pressl View Post
    Well guys, not one of the tips here helped to solve my problem. It still makes this annoying sound in the background once in a while. That means I have to reset my iPad5 and start from scratch. That means a looot of work. What a waste of time!!!!!!
    I don't think resets or even a restore as new will stop that. You'd be wasting your time doing anything. I've had the same alert tone go off randomly for a long time. No one seems to know what it is. But I don't think there is anything you can do to be rid of it. It would be nice if an Apple tech would chime in and explain what it is. It's annoying for sure. Mostly because I don't know what it is. It does sound a lot like the tri-tone alert sound. I have nothing set to that. Odd.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    iMore Elite

There’s another thread around here somewhere where the poster was talking about a similar occurrence. Check ALL of the apps in the Settings > Notifications, even those listed as DO NOT INCLUDE. The gist of that thread was that just because it’s NOT on the notification screen, it’s still possible to have an alert set.

Don’t know if that is the issue you are having, or if it will help at all, but it’s worth checking out.

Also, make sure the sound is actually coming from your device. In our office we have a T-style desk. My wife's iMac and my rMBP sit back-to-back. I was hearing "random alerts" for which I could not find the source. It was making me crazy and finally I checked her iMac. She keeps the volume all the way down unless she is doing something that requires audio. Long story short, she had left the volume up and the alerts were coming from her iMac.
    iPhone: MGAU2LLMacs: MC976LL, MC516LL, MD387LLiPads: ME279LL, MD530LL
    Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. ~John Adams
    iMore Nanite

I'm having the same problem!
    iMore Nanite

Ive been having the same problem and came here for help... After seeing no conclusive answer I decided to go to the settings and look again, every notification was off on the phone, so I went to facebook settings, and there was a setting INSIDE facebook that was to allow notofications that was STILL ON... even tho I turned it off on my phone itself... I also remember that this tone was only used on facebook when I used to allow the notifications before I turned them off... Ive turned that off, and we shall see if that works... try for yourself if this is the solution... it might just be!
    iMore Nanite

I have iPhone 5 with ios 6 I didn't do the ios7 update yet but still experiencing the same notification problems you guys have
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234