Traffic feature in notification center

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me to get this feature working? I believe I have all the settings correct. But it never shows me how long it will take to say get to work? Do I need to actually use the maps app every time I am in the car?

Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You need to make sure the 'frequently visited' feature is enabled... and it will take a several days for data to accumulate and patterns to develop that the feature will then use to show information.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Yes that is turned on. It's been on since iOS 7 came out last Wednesday. How long do you think it takes?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Yes that is turned on. It's been on since iOS 7 came out last Wednesday. How long do you think it takes?

Good question. Has anyone noticed any "next destination" info showing up in NC yet? Screen shot..?

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 will learn patterns for where you travel normally. As Keith mentioned it may take a little bit to learn...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

• Frequent Locations: Your iPhone will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7: Understanding Location Services

• Frequent Locations: Your iPhone will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing.
Although I have nothing to hide, this particular feature is a tad too "big brother-ish" for me, and with the government's propensity to surreptitiously acquire private data, I'm leery, to say the least.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Although I have nothing to hide, this particular feature is a tad too "big brother-ish" for me, and with the government's propensity to surreptitiously acquire private data, I'm leery, to say the least.

That's a double edged sword if I'm being framed for a murder I would be glad I had this feature 😁

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a double edged sword if I'm being framed for a murder I would be glad I had this feature 

Sent from my iPhone 5

Yeah, but you'd have to prove that your phone was with you at the time of the incident and not someplace else as a diversion.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Finger print scanner would play a factor in that....

Either way, I do LIKE seeing where Apple is headed on having these options out there.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I am not sure I understand how this feature works. The phone had to learn my normal route to be able to advise on traffic conditions? Does that mean if I go out of town to a place I've never been it will not advise of any traffic issues simply because it doesn't know the area?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When using the beta, it took about a week before it showed up. It was working after that. Got the 5s last Friday and am still waiting for it to appear in NC.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Separate traffic info in AppleMaps from the Notification Center... they're related - but then again, not...

Using the Frequent Locations feature - data is accumulated and once patters in your activity can be discerned - if the feature sees you as being somewhere other than where you've been by habit according to the feature... it will tell you how long it might take you to get to where it thinks you usually are at that given time... for example: on Saturday mornings, my phone will show in the NC how long it should take me to drive... or walk to my preferred place for coffee when it noticed I had a habit of Saturday morning coffees... Maps/Traffic on them is only related to the notification center in that if there's traffic data that might impede your usual habits - it might take that into account.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like after a week of traveling the same route to and from work something should appear in NC but it hasn't, If I'm understanding the feature correctly...

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems like after a week of traveling the same route to and from work something should appear in NC but it hasn't, If I'm understanding the feature correctly...

It's been a week do me as well since updating and I can see where it has logged my locations in but it still has not alerted me of anything, and just this morning I was stuck in traffic from an overturned tractor-trailer and not a peep from the notification.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's been a week do me as well since updating and I can see where it has logged my locations in but it still has not alerted me of anything, and just this morning I was stuck in traffic from an overturned tractor-trailer and not a peep from the notification.

Stupid question but assuming it turned on its strange cause mine has three locations so far

Sent from my iPhone 5

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Low and behold look what appeared in my NC today on my way home from work...

e7ahy2e4.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh