Time zone supported in iOS 7?

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I searched for the answer before posting and couldn't find it.

I travel for my job and hop time zones frequently. I used to be able to create an appointment in the calendar and choose the time zone it belonged in when creating it. I don't see this option. Is it someplace new or has it been removed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Time zone support in iOS 7

On my iOS7 iPhone5... Calendar>> Add Event... and in the Time section is a switch for "All Day".. Start/End times and 'Time Zone'.... and in Settings>> General>> Date&Time I have Set Automatically turned 'On'....

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for the supply. Upgrading to iOS 7 turned my time support off. I had to turn it back on for both my iPhone and iPad.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

I am posting on my original thread again because after changing yo iOS7, time zone support appears to have changed radically. With time zone support off, you can't change the time zone support of your individual events that are created and they adjust to the time zone you are in. If you set time zone support on, you can set the default calendar time zone and then have the ability to change an event to a different time zone. The problem, as I understand it, is that the calendar is now locked into the default time zone and doesn't change when you change time zones. The clock will still change, but the calendar still shows the events in the default time zone. My goal would be to set a calendar event for a time based on the time zone and then have it alter to the correct time when I get to the new time zone. This is how I understand the functionality was but it appears to have changed. Please let me know if others are experiencing the same issues. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice