Blue Screen of Death?!?

GeekMoxie

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confuzzled at this moment.

I was attempting to get AirDrop to work properly between me and my friends iPhone 5.

We were having troubles getting anything to show up and while I was messing with the settings my screen flickered to a bright blue blank screen and then power cycled.

I thought I skedaddled to Mac to stay away from this screen ;)

No but really - I'm concerned. Just bought the phone on Sunday - anyone else have this issue? Should it go back?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally, even iPhones can crash like that... If it continues, and you can easily replicate what makes it happen - a visit to an Apple Genius Bar may be in order... otherwise - go on about life...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First things first. To get AirDrop to work with another iOS device, to the following:

1. Slide up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center.
2. Tap on AirDrop and then tap on Everyone.
3. For the sake of instructions, we'll use a photo, so go to your Photos/Camera Roll
4. Tap on the photo you want to AirDrop to your friend.
5. Tap on the square containing an arrow in the bottom left corner of the screen.
6. Select the recipient to whom you want to send to.
7. Wait for the recipient to accept. After, disable AirDrop.

That's it.

Now for your iPhone. I doubt there's anything wrong with your device, but I cannot explain the blue screen thing so I would recommend that you swap it out at the nearest Apple Store since you just got it 2 days ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234