Apps auto update in ios7

Jamesb1970

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello, not sure if this has been discussed but I searched without any luck. I have an iPhone 5s on Rogers with 6gig of data plan. I have set auto update of apps including use cellular connection to download apps. Despite the updates being less than 100mb, the auto updates refuse to update over cellular. As soon as I turn wifi on they start updating. All settings are correct. Am I missing something? Does Apple push these over the cellular updates at a certain time of the day instead of instantly when they become available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have checked both settings:

1. Settings>iTunes & App Store and enable "automatic updates" as well as enable "use cellular data"

2. Setting>Cellular then scroll down and locate "App Store" and make sure it is enabled.

Hopefully, doing so will work for you...;)

Jamesb1970

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

1. Settings>iTunes & App Store and enable "automatic updates" as well as enable "use cellular data"

2. Setting>Cellular then scroll down and locate "App Store" and make sure it is enabled.

Thanks for your reply. I have all that set up. But no automatic updates on apps except on wifi. Is it updating for you automatically?

Jamesb1970

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what happened in my earlier reply. I have all the above settings but no auto update except by wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2