ios 7 contacts "add social profile" - how works it?

ChrisiNoah

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have the list of my contacts in ios7 and I want to add the facebook profiles to the names.
When In click on the button "add social profil" I have to type a user name? whats the username of my contacts?
When I only put the first name and the last name, then there is no connext to facebook:confused::straight-face:
Please help me...

thanks
christine

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
go to settings>> Facebook>> turn on contacts where it says 'allow these apps to use your account'.... tap "update all contacts"

ChrisiNoah

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I did this already, but it doesnt work...I read somewhere that Facebook only imports the contacts with lots of informations...but it should be possible with function "add social profile" to add it manuel...but I dont know how to do it....

ChrisiNoah

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know but it doesnt work...onyl for a few contacts...I read somewhere that facebook only imports the contacts which have much information in it bit it should have an additional option to add the social profiles with the new button "add social profile"....but with which username????

Angie Deaver

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I tried using the /name# that is found in the "About" section under "Contact". It opens Facebook but not the person's page.

Angie Deaver

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I tried using the FaceBook Contact listed in the "About" section of the profile. /name# when you click it, it does take you to Facebook, but not to the profile.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I tried using the FaceBook Contact listed in the "About" section of the profile. /name# when you click it, it does take you to Facebook, but not to the profile.

To get it to match you must have the person email address that they use on FB in the contact info .. That's why I use the other app

ChrisiNoah

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thats very bad...I dont know the email adresses from my fb contacts...thats a stranje thing:-(( then why does this button exist to add a social profile?:-(

waveman777

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm with you - I'm so frustrated trying to get it working. It was working great some months ago when I could just connect my contact with their facebook profiles instantly. When I was searching my contacts I could see facebook contacts too, and update the info (like phone number) if I wanted too. Now all of this is useless. I cannot ask everybody to update their facebook profiles just because the iOS and FB integration sucks....

Franklin Duncan

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
How do I use my @facebook.com email address?

Answer:
Your email address on Facebook is the same as your username or your public user ID. This is how people can:
Send you email ? username@facebook.com
Get to your timeline ? facebook.com/username
You're given a @facebook.com email address when you sign up, but you have the option to change it once. To customize your email or web address on Facebook, choose a new username. If you choose a new username, your new Facebook email address will be added to your Contact Info in the About section of your timeline. Remember: You can edit who can see your contact info.

With your @facebook.com email address, people can email you using any traditional email system (ex: Hotmail, Yahoo! or Gmail), and the emails will be delivered to your Facebook Messages. When you send messages to external email addresses, your emails will be formatted to look like Facebook messages, including your name, your profile picture and your message. Note that your email will appear as username@facebook.com when you send messages to external email addresses.
You're reading the Desktop Help answer. Learn more in our other Help Centers.

https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234