Iphone 4s and IOS7 question.

Michael Tran1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm debating on whether I should upgrade or not.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer involving the performance of the 4s under ios7 versus ios6.

Is there notable lag? If so is it significant enough to warrant a need to downgrade (I know you can't downgrade once you upgrade).

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been running iOS7 on my 4S for the past three days and don't see any significant lag to where I feel I'd be better off with iOS6. Sometimes I feel when I open apps they might take a fraction of a second longer to load, but it could just be the way they open. I think all the functionality iOS 7 adds far outweigh any perceived lag. Just do it. Once you get past the appearance you'll be happy you did and won't look back.

Rcshaw777

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't experience noticeable lag in performance. The UI is great. I also like some of the new features such as FaceTime Audio and new Camera features.

Safari web browsing experience is much improved. I also like the integration with Twitter news feed.

I do however noticed shorter battery life but can't tell how significant. Anyway it could be down to my increased usage, thus more power consumption.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
after a day of it settling in.. zero issues. Battery is fine (even with dynamic lockscreen and backround updates on). its smooth.. No complaints. Love it.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd day with it. Performance is good, period. I think the look of iMessage is a step backward. If I could change the look of it I would.

Battery life isn't dramatically affected as far I can tell.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been on iOS 7 since launch day on my 4S. I've experienced no lag at all. I really like the UI and new features. My battery life is not quite as good.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd day with it. Performance is good, period. I think the look of iMessage is a step backward. If I could change the look of it I would.

Battery life isn't dramatically affected as far I can tell.

it would be nice to be able to change colors... FOR ONCE!!! lol someday .. maybe.. apple will let us customize more than the background!

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I really like all of the new features in iOS 7, to the point that I wouldn't want to switch back. Battery life took a bit of a hit, but I can live with it.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on whether I should upgrade or not.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer involving the performance of the 4s under ios7 versus ios6.

Is there notable lag? If so is it significant enough to warrant a need to downgrade (I know you can't downgrade once you upgrade).

Upgrade. Makes the phone feel new again. It's like getting a facelift.

Sent from somewhere.

Shijo George

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded ios7 on my 4s and I hate it because of a noticeable lag. Lags are found when you switch between apps, ie when you double click home button and scroll the open apps, scrolling down the ios7 built in stills wall paper. Did complete restore and tweaked the settings like backround apps, high contrast , ............

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711