iOS 7 and Notification Center

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Notification Center has always been a poorly executed feature in iOS since it's beginnings but iOS 7 brings that lack of execution and thought to the forefront.

Yes it looks nicer but functionality actually decreased which shouldn't be the case. The weather widget is now a paragraph. Sometimes you might see the current temperature mentioned and many times you won't. Before it was a consistent experience that gave you temperature and a look to future weather. Now it's become somewhat pointless.

The missed screen make no sense especially since it is just duplicating info that is on my all screen.

The calendar on the today screen can be useful but takes up a lot of space and utilizes it poorly. Why do I need to see a huge block of space that says "no events scheduled?" I also don't need to here about appts the next day when it doesn't tell me what they are.

I accidentally pressed create so this is an unfinished rant but probably for good reason. I guess you can get the idea I'm disappointed in this iOS feature. Don't even get me stated on these not being actionable, non collapsible, and x to clear function.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually like it. I do agree with the duplicate data between all and missed however prefer to glance at the missed when there are a lot of notifications as more fit on the screen with out the little x to get rid of them.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually like it. I do agree with the duplicate data between all and missed however prefer to glance at the missed when there are a lot of notifications as more fit on the screen with out the little x to get rid of them.

It could be such a great feature but they just seem to not want it to be a powerful feature and that frustrates me at times.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My all screen notifications don't show on the lock screen. Also, I've had nothing show up in the missed screen. Any ideas?

Edit- I just realized the all view doesn't show on the lock screen.

Last edited:

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
My all screen notifications don't show on the lock screen. Also, I've had nothing show up in the missed screen. Any ideas?

Edit- I just realized the all view doesn't show on the lock screen.

Settings -> notification center. Go to the app you would like to see in the lock screen - all view and enable "show on lockscreen".

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0