iOS 7 Siri won't read my composed text

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Siri to compose texts when typing or looking at the screen isn't convenient or safe. Siri used to read my texts back to me after composing them to verify they said what I intended. This was perfect, so I didn't have to look at the screen to see if she got it right.

Since updating to iOS 7, she doesn't do this anymore and just asks if I'm ready to send it. This is a step backwards, not an improvement. I've noodled around in settings, but can't solve it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are right and i just tried to duplicate your problem and it did the same to me. I agree, A setback and a nice feature to read back. oh well Maybe on an update.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I found a workaround for this issue. After you tell Siri what you want to say and she asks if you're ready to send it, tell her "review," and then she'll read it back to you and ask you again if you're ready to send it. It's an extra step than in ios6 (and I don't understand the logic at all in changing it from the way it was), but it does allow you to hear the text as composed without having to look at the screen.

Nevertheless, hoping this feature gets returned to the way it was in a future update.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox