iOS 7 Siri won't read my composed text
I use Siri to compose texts when typing or looking at the screen isn't convenient or safe. Siri used to read my texts back to me after composing them to verify they said what I intended. This was perfect, so I didn't have to look at the screen to see if she got it right.
Since updating to iOS 7, she doesn't do this anymore and just asks if I'm ready to send it. This is a step backwards, not an improvement. I've noodled around in settings, but can't solve it.
Anyone know how to fix this?
- 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM #2
Re: iOS 7 Siri won't read my composed text
Well, I found a workaround for this issue. After you tell Siri what you want to say and she asks if you're ready to send it, tell her "review," and then she'll read it back to you and ask you again if you're ready to send it. It's an extra step than in ios6 (and I don't understand the logic at all in changing it from the way it was), but it does allow you to hear the text as composed without having to look at the screen.
Nevertheless, hoping this feature gets returned to the way it was in a future update.
- By mjd213 in forum iOS 7Replies: 8Last Post: 05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
- By FortySix_n2 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-2013, 11:22 AM
- By Sheila Graff in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
- By metllicamilitia in forum iOS 7Replies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM
- By Recipe7 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 14Last Post: 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM