A Windows Phone Fanboys Review of iOS 7 on the 5S

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No, factually. It was an OS that hadn't received a significant UI upgrade since it was released in what? 07? 08? Now they finally brought it up to speed and made it intuitive. Prior to this it was a static sea of icons that was dependent on the apps to sell the device. Now, it's an OS to be reckoned with.
Factually? No... in your opinion. Which I reject.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Look, I'm not a blind follower who drinks the apple flavored kool-aid but I do admire the product finally. It's no longer some archaic OS on mid-rangey hardware. It's a perfectly functional OS that compliments the hardware excellently. My only problem is that it doesn't offer anything new or profound, everything I can do on it, I do on my Windows Phone now, usually in less swipes and with more uniformity across it. It's beautiful, just not revolutionary YET and I emphasize the word, "Yet" because I truly feel that it could be now.

So you can do 10 frame burst photography? Slo-mo (120 fps) video? Fingerprint reader that actually works and works extremely well? Dual color LED camera flash for flash color that matches the ambient lighting? While there are hardware components to each of these upgrades, there is most definitely iOS software enhancements to support them and cause them to work flawlessly.

I think not. Moving on...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think those of you who made your decision prior to reading the OP's entire post need to go back and read it all. It was very well thought out and extremely complimentary towards Apple and iOS 7.

I agree. Most of the other posters are off the mark. Take a breath everyone. The OP seems like he's giving a decently thought out opinion. Take a seat fanboys. Disagree, but don't be dismissive, I say.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So Apple is the first company to successfully implement a near-perfect biometric identification device into a mobile phone and the potential to revolutionize security, but the hardware "brings nothing new to the table". LOL

Ok then!

Working biometrics, 64 bit processor, better camera (maybe the highest in MP count, but arguably the best all round smartphone camera), excellent industrial design, but no, nothing new to the table?

I wonder what other companies are doing other than increasing their numbers in terms of specs? I wonder if that is what everyone lauds as being innovative?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Most of the other posters are off the mark. Take a breath everyone. The OP seems like he's giving a decently thought out opinion. Take a seat fanboys. Disagree, but don't be dismissive, I say.

No, it was not well thought out at all. His definition of innovation and bring something new to the table is lacking.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Working biometrics, 64 bit processor, better camera (maybe the highest in MP count, but arguably the best all round smartphone camera), excellent industrial design, but no, nothing new to the table?

I wonder what other companies are doing other than increasing their numbers in terms of specs? I wonder if that is what everyone lauds as being innovative?

To quote Phil Schiller at the WWDC keynote: "Can't innovate, my @$$"...

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I must say though, while I'm enjoying the OS, I have never seen a more blindly faithful and outright rude moderator. I'm pretty sure he approved this post strictly to make a mockery of it. At WPCentral, we acknowledge our shortcomings and try to sell you on the plus sides. Here the moderators are more like, "No, you're wrong, our OS is perfect, you're inferior." There is no call to be such an elitist over a phone OS. They all have their benefits and they all have their flaws.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I must say though, while I'm enjoying the OS, I have never seen a more blindly faithful and outright rude moderator. I'm pretty sure he approved this post strictly to make a mockery of it. At WPCentral, we acknowledge our shortcomings and try to sell you on the plus sides. Here the moderators are more like, "No, you're wrong, our OS is perfect, you're inferior." There is no call to be such an elitist over a phone OS. They all have their benefits and they all have their flaws.
you could not be more wrong.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
First of all, my name is Lance. I'm a junior developer at a firm that I won't reveal right now because I like making a mockery of others online and I'd rather my actions not be associated with them.

I must say though, while I'm enjoying the OS, I have never seen a more blindly faithful and outright rude moderator. I'm pretty sure he approved this post strictly to make a mockery of it.

Hello, Mr. Pot... have you met Mr. Kettle?

I think you’re just busy trying to start trouble.

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not at all, I enjoy the iPhone but the elitist ideals that some people have here is somewhat disturbing. Sure, I insult people but I came here to say Apple was finally headed towards something revolutionary and it just needed a bit extra and I'm met with a few good responses and then mods who are outright rude.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not at all, I enjoy the iPhone but the elitist ideals that some people have here is somewhat disturbing. Sure, I insult people but I came here to say Apple was finally headed towards something revolutionary and it just needed a bit extra and I'm met with a few good responses and then mods who are outright rude.

Please dial back the rhetoric. You may be able to sell the drama over in the WP forums... but we don’t need/want it here. You came in here talking about mocking people, then accuse the mods of mocking you? Really... SMH

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I acknowledged the fact that I do enjoy mocking others online and in case I elected to do so I'd rather not do so as a liaison for our organization. I did not make a mockery of anyone, that was all on the part of the mods. I simply implied that Apple was finally making a phone that fits well for me and I was met with absolute disdain. If you act as though your device is perfect, they have no reason to improve it. You have to pinpoint those flaws and grind them like crazy so the company, Apple in this instance, will improve upon them.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Despite the drama ensuing, although I left the iPhone 5 for a different reason, I'm also a WP user. I haven't fully checked out the new iOS 7 fully but until there's a bigger battery in the next iPhone, I'll admire from afar.

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery life is actually pretty good. I don't use it as heavily as I haven't delved into the games and apps a whole lot and don't know what worthwhile RPGs there are aside from Square Enix games but I'm impressed with the battery life nonetheless. It's certainly better than any Android phone I've ever used.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
^^^ That's good to hear. My iPhone 5 would die before the end of the day, and I was sick shelling out $30 for another charger when my old one became useless

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I switched to WP 7 / WP 8 from an iPhone, primarily because of Apple's refusal to make the lockscreen useful. I really like WP 8 and my Lumia 920 very much. However, I'm probably going to be switching back to an iPhone because of the notification center and control center access that iOS 7 allows from the lockscreen. Finally!

PJLips

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100%! I was digusted by all the negative reactions by all those fanboys. This makes me ashamed to use an iPhone 5 as my daily driver. Come on people! Just because a product works best for YOU doesn't mean it works best for EVERYBODY! I used iPhones, Androids, BlackBerry's and WP's, every OS has its positives and negatives. Get off the Apple Kool-Aid and acknowledge that your beloved iOS isn't without its flaws.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(snipped) Come on people! Just because a product works best for YOU doesn't mean it works best for EVERYBODY!
And just because it doesn't work best for YOU, don't get ticked off at me for liking how well it works for me. Better yet, don't come here and tell me how it sucks for you, as if I really want to know, but then be dismissive of me when I reply with how well it works.
I used iPhones, Androids, BlackBerry's and WP's, every OS has its positives and negatives.
That is so very true, and yet, despite that fact, you opt to ignore those words and harp on people who are enjoying their devices.
Get off the Apple Kool-Aid and acknowledge that your beloved iOS isn't without its flaws.
That's the misconception that you have. No one here is saying that the iPhone is without flaws. Those people are saying how well it works for them. You and a few others, on the other hand, want to twist their satisfaction into something it is not or call them mocking names because they are content with the Apple products they've purchased, as if they shouldn't be, simply because YOU are not. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner