I heard/read somewhere that iOS 7 support FULL multitask, meaning if you are playing video on youtube, you can exit youtube app and the video is still playing while you do other things, but I tried on 4S and it doesn't do that.
So does iOS 7 support full multitask like desktop?
- 09-21-2013, 08:01 PM #2
Re: full multitask?
No. An app developer has specific APIs that they can use to do some background processing like VoIP, audio, etc. Added for iOS 7 was background app refresh where an app like a newspaper can request server data in the background.
I suppose the YouTube app could've been programmed to do background audio but it doesn't as far as I know.
- 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM #3
- By Kidelia in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 02-20-2014, 02:17 AM
- By Tom Munch in forum iOS 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-18-2013, 10:45 PM
- By cody_21 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
- By cody_21 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 09-05-2013, 11:45 PM
- By xmz in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 7Last Post: 08-29-2013, 10:09 PM