Yahoo email not pushing

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I previously had the Yahoo mail app on my iPhone and my iPad in addition to the standard iOS Yahoo mail account. After iOS 7 came out, I decided to delete the Yahoo app from both devices and go strictly with the stock iOS Yahoo mail. However, while push to my Yahoo mail works on my iPad, it doesn't work on my iPhone. I deleted the account and set it up again, but that didn't seem to work. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to fix it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Yahoo Mail configured on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and it is still receiving push notifications. Try rebooting the device or resetting the network settings to see if either helps.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Yahoo Mail configured on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and it is still receiving push notifications. Try rebooting the device or resetting the network settings to see if either helps.

It's been working fine for me as well. I've getting my mail as scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is Gmail still not supported for push?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Unless something has changed, push notifications for Gmail is accomplished using the official Gmail app, via exchange settings on devices already configured prior to January 31, 2013 and via Google paid services.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless something has changed, push notifications for Gmail is accomplished using the official Gmail app, via exchange settings on devices already configured prior to January 31, 2013 and via Google paid services.

I knew about the Gmail app. I didn't know any email accounts offered push on iPhone. Yahoo mail setup with the stock app does?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know that was possible. How is battery life with push?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

My battery life is darn good. It's on par with what I was getting prior to iOS 7. The one feature, at least in my experience, that puts a strain on my battery is Bluetooth, and therefore, I keep it disabled until I need it. Push notifications, location services, brightness and stuff like that are a nonissue for me. I also go through each and every setting and app options to make sure they are set to my liking.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Weird - my push notifications suddenly started working again! Maybe that's a sign Yahoo has been updating from its end. Or maybe I just got lucky, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234