Blurred lockscreen when phone is off and a notification is received iOS 7

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! No issues downloading iOS 7 last night, and I absolute love it. I noticed something peculiar though: when the phone is idle (not powered off, just not being used) and I receive a notification...I find that the lock screen wallpaper is blurred when the notification lights up the screen. I suppose it makes the notification easier to read, but doesn't that defeat the purpose somewhat of having a lock screen wallpaper? I'm sure you all recall iOS 6..the same lock screen popped up and you could still see your lock screen wallpaper clearly behind the pop up notification.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a normal feature, a glitch, or maybe there is a setting I can't find to change it? Certainly not a big enough issue to be unhappy with iOS 7 because as mentioned, I love it but it would be nice to be able to see my lock screen wallpaper clearly when a notification pops up.

PS- I really like that the lock screen wallpaper is visible while charging!

Any help or tips would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! No issues downloading iOS 7 last night, and I absolute love it. I noticed something peculiar though: when the phone is idle (not powered off, just not being used) and I receive a notification...I find that the lock screen wallpaper is blurred when the notification lights up the screen. I suppose it makes the notification easier to read, but doesn't that defeat the purpose somewhat of having a lock screen wallpaper? I'm sure you all recall iOS 6..the same lock screen popped up and you could still see your lock screen wallpaper clearly behind the pop up notification.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a normal feature, a glitch, or maybe there is a setting I can't find to change it? Certainly not a big enough issue to be unhappy with iOS 7 because as mentioned, I love it but it would be nice to be able to see my lock screen wallpaper clearly when a notification pops up.

PS- I really like that the lock screen wallpaper is visible while charging!

Any help or tips would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!!

If I understand your question correctly, you?re talking about the translucency effect...

To turn that off, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > [ON]

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Fausty, thanks for the reply! I tried that, and it made the translucency in notification center black. However, I didn't leave it to see what the lockscreen looks like when I receive a notification. I will try it!

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Just tried adjusting the contrast, then sent an iMessage to myself. Hit "send" and quickly turned off the phone so I could see the notification pop up. It just caused the lock screen to be dark gray instead of having the blurred background. Lock screen wallpaper was not visible at all.

Hmmm..I'm starting to think it's supposed to be that way so you can read the notification better. I'm referring to when the phone is off, not the notification center that is swiped down from the top of the screen.

Thank you though for taking the time to reply!

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My experience is the same. Thought at first that I had made a change to the image selected for the locked home page, but it was the same as I had originally selected. Thanks for bringing this up, saves me much time from fooling with the phone settings experimenting. I agree that it does defeat the purpose of a selected image for the locked screen, but makes the notification item easier to read.

fenderc

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was just having this issue. I thought maybe my son messed with my phone but couldn't find any setting to fix it. I just turned my phone off and back on and it's perfect again. Simple solution. :)

bri M

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I scrolled down to research, and after reading, the solution to this issue for me was to power off the phone and power bak up. My selected photo(s), one for lock screen & one for the home screen, have "re-appeared". I tested this fix by unlocking my phone several times, to make sure the screen was no longer fuzzy, or blank/grey. Try this, it usually fixes most random phone problems, a wide range of them!

PS: The reason I hadn't tried this before is because I rarely turn off my phone in general; I was very busy today, and powering up sometimes could mean a missed traffic sig-alert, lol!

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods