iOS 7 battery life iPhone 5

Chibby007

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 battery like iPhone 5

I have had my iPhone5 running ios7 shut down twice when the battery show around 30% battery. Tried to turn it back on and the screen show zero charge and plug in to a power supply, when I plug it in the phone restarts and then the Battery shows 30% battery again.
Is this a bug that the battery is low and the % is out of calibration?

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Iphone5 iOS 7 done ota. Here's two screenshots - first one from a few days ago... And one from this morning. I haven't plugged the phone in since unplugging it yesterday morning.
The first few days it seemed like the battery drained really fast.

gesygatu.jpg

9e5unuza.jpg

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Drain the batt until it shuts down, charge to 100% then do a hard reboot. Turn off the app background and location also lower down the brightness. That will do :)

TRICKorDEVICE

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

mine was awful until I did a full restore and then cycled the battery a few time. Now it is on par with what I got on iOS 6, which was about 8 hours usage every day. I charge nightly regardless of battery percentage.

View attachment 38616

When you say full restore, do you mean you restored to a brand new phone, and then restored an iOS 7 backup?

I recently did that and am on my second charge cycle, hoping battery will improve with a few cycles.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My terrible battery life maybe battery related. I got a appointment on Saturday. From a fresh restore and no backups used. I was getting auto power down at 20% 10% and 5%. Also one morning would not power on, even if I plugged the cord back in. Had to do a hard reset to power up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
nedunena.jpg

New battery helped my standby time. Low usage today. See tomorrow on how it is medium usage. Be nice not to plug in 2 times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
With most things turned off ( don't need them anyway) I get through a 9 to 10 hour day. For example I was up for work at 5 am this morning and i use my phone pretty often throughout the day. By 12pm I was at 65 percent with heavy use. By the time 6 pm rolled around I was at 20 percent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Would say do a fresh restore no backup. Should get minimum 6 hour usage, if not probably have a bad battery. This is after replacement and only with reduce motion on. GPS , wifi background apps all on.
dy8ejyqu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
y6uredub.jpg

I am consistently getting less than 5 hours of usage time. This isn't the 6-8 hours advertised. I have also tweaked many of my options to save battery life. Could I have a bad battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh