Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Angry Is it just me or is there no Night Mode for Apple Maps in final release iOS 7?

I'm not finding a way to turn on night mode for Maps in iOS 7. Wasn't this promised? If it was supposed to be automatic, how come it didn't turn on during the night and kept at day mode?

Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Is it just me or is there no Night Mode for Apple Maps in final release iOS 7?

I don't see an option at the moment, and I haven't tested the new Maps app at night since the update to see for myself. Hopefully, someone else will chime in and give their take on it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Default Re: Is it just me or is there no Night Mode for Apple Maps in final release iOS 7?

It appears to be automatic, dependent on time of day. I found several references that made that statement... I guess I'll need to investigate that tonight...
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (09-19-2013), pcdsim (09-19-2013)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Nanite

Alright, I tested this again tonight and the night mode finally came on. It only comes on when you're on turn-by-turn nav mode it seems.
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (09-21-2013)
    iMore Guru

Night mode only works on satellite and hybrid views and when it's past a certain time

Is it just me or is there no Night Mode for Apple Maps in final release iOS 7?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379686878.362388.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (09-20-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Well that doesn't make much sense (but thanks for figuring it out).

Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by pcdsim View Post
    Alright, I tested this again tonight and the night mode finally came on. It only comes on when you're on turn-by-turn nav mode it seems.
    Yep... that...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates