Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Wrong name on airdrop

Anyone else having issues when using airdrop? The wrong name keeps popping up when another iPhone 5 tries to air drop something to me.ore specifically, when my wife's iPhone 5 is trying to air drop something, it sees my phone, but it has her name and a random pic. We are on different iCloud accounts as well.

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Wrong name on airdrop

After reading your post, I sent a photo from my iPad Mini to my iPhone 5 using AirDrop and it was quick & easy. The right name appeared, as well as my contact photo, and I was able to send & receive without a hitch. If you're in an apartment complex or something, it is possible that your neighbors may have AirDrop enabled and it could be what you're seeing, but I'm only speculating. All I know is mine worked without a hitch.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Wrong name on airdrop

I have basically the same issue. Sending from my Ipad to my IPhone or vice versa, only my wife's ID (email) appear , not mine.

It does send it to the intended target.

We are on the same ICloud account but neither her IPhone or IPad are upgraded to IOS7.