iOS 7 Battery Consumption

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I know sometimes it takes awhile before things settle but how are you finding battery life? Have you found anything problematic that you'd like to share that could save us some potential headaches?

For me, I have found a decrease in overall battery life but I want to give it a day before making any conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

azopfi84

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Out of all the betas and now official version that I've run for iOS7, beta 6 and GM had the best battery life. Since updating yesterday, my iPhone seems to drain quicker.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I know sometimes it takes awhile before things settle but how are you finding battery life? Have you found anything problematic that you'd like to share that could save us some potential headaches?

For me, I have found a decrease in overall battery life but I want to give it a day before making any conclusions.

There is a marked decline it battery life with every new device and iOS... because we won’t stop playing with it!

That could definitely be at least part of the issue... give it a couple of days to settle in and see what you get. I don’t personally see an issue, but I’ve been running iOS 7 since beta 1 in June, and the current (GM/GA) release since 09/10...

UPDATE: 09/29... My battery is functioning very well now. Things have settled in, and I am now using my device as a communication tool and not a new toy. I routinely get through a 14-16 hour day with 30% or more battery remaining... I still use a Mophie Air, but have only needed it a few times in the past almost 3 weeks.

Last edited:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
My battery life has been ok but I did notice that it doesn't tell you when your phone is completely done charging. The lightening bolt stays there even if is charges overnight. On iOS 6 the lightening bolt would change to a little plug to let you know it was done charging.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is indeed terrible.. Don't tell me that i'm using my phone too much because i'm not. I see the difference and i'm not happy about it:). We'll see in the future, hopefuly they can do something to improve battery life in iOS 7.

:) the update itself is great! I love the new notification center and control center!

Sent from my iPhone, iOS 6.1.3

Yptcn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing a lot with my phone today ;-)) From 100% , I am now at 39% .

Standby = 9h & Usage = 4h

I have no idea if this is good or not !!??

Setting it now on DND for the night .

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing a slight decline in battery life today. I need to give it a couple of days for it to settle. I'm playing with the phone a lot today!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm seeing more drainage than normal. i'm on 5 hours of use, 9hours of standby and at 33%, I don't "feel" like I'm using it more than normal, giving it a few days to see. I don't want to have to shut off the app background updates as that kinda defeats the purpose. I'm gonna let the battery drain and start from zero and see what happens.

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. Battery is draining about twice as fast. I took my iPhone5 off the charger this morning at 6:00 and was at 35% by 11:00. Normally I would have over 70% at that time.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Unplugged mine at 4:30 this morning. Still have 53% left and I have been putzing with it all day. So 15 hours of off and on email and internet use. Not bad I think.
iphone 4.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to tell just yet, but I think the battery life on my iPhone 5 is actually better than it was before the update. Here is my usage after being off the charger for 12 hours.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379634435.468157.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive been playing with my I4 nonstop since the update and I have to say as of right now I think I better then with 6. We will see over time but no complaints here.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
ahamu3a4.jpg

Was listening to a lot of music though

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
One thing I want to test is how much battery parallax uses. I already have auto app updating disabled as I don't want it doing stuff I don't want it to do. However, getting the same usage pattern is going to be difficult

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been ok but I did notice that it doesn't tell you when your phone is completely done charging. The lightening bolt stays there even if is charges overnight. On iOS 6 the lightening bolt would change to a little plug to let you know it was done charging.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
AHHH!!! thanks for this Li:)I thought I was losing my mind:p LOL

I just had a chance today to install iOS7 and I've charged it all the way...but I was waiting for the lightning bolt to go away(still hasn't after an hour of being at "100"). I know that Apple took the "plug" icon away when it's done charging, so I figured with iOS7 when it was done charging, it would just show the battery full minus the charge bolt!!

Ok, so I'm not crazy...I can unplug - she's topped up and ready to go :dancing: :yes:

It's hard to tell just yet, but I think the battery life on my iPhone 5 is actually better than it was before the update. Here is my usage after being off the charger for 12 hours.

View attachment 38255

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
WOW!! Rose those are some great stats girl :yes: :D

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had some battery drainage but let it drain completely and charged it back up an now it's excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk